View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys, I love it, and I love the size of this hallway, I always wanted a big hallway (grand entrance and all that lol!). It looks much better without those lamp tables now, the flowers are back on the floor and the new table installed by the front door - perfick!

We've been humping tables around and strangely enough, the two big lamp tables have now ended up in my bedroom either side of my bed along with the two big boxes with the Ikea units for the tv wall when that gets done, but thankfully, still enough room for my bed and Zena's bed! I shall be glad to have my bedroom back when this lounge fireplace gets done next.

Hi Labrador Lover glad you had time to pop in to say goodnight

Jen, that tea sounds good, and LLB has nothing on me, he's too ott isn't he, whereas I'm more on the classy side! I think!!!

Thanks June and Lynn, it took a lot of thought to get the right colour, I worried it might be too dark, but it's a lovely light hallway with all the glass about, plus it's very grippy for Zena, it's not super shiny and slippery which I like most.

*starts cutting up slices of butter icing walnut cake*
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Looks gawguss Nechda and I am dead jealous.

Now, has anyone please got any ideas how I can manage to stay awake for another 2½ hours because my eyes keep finding themselves closed and I am nearly dislocating my jaw from non-stop yawning.

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Half an hour of sheer chaos. Cruz's daddy comes to get Cruz, Cruz doesn't want to leave Lona and hides in the kennel, I go in to get him and he goes and hides in the other one, in the meantime the babies have seized opportunity with all paws and found the kitchen unattended with everyone's teas on the units, they know no better so of course all the teas end up on the floor, babies eating, girlies who DO know better, think ah well its on the floor anyway and join in, Cruz seeing food being served comes out of hiding and makes a run for it, I grab him and put a lead on him, Cruz's daddy and myself gather up what seems to half a dozen loudly protesting babies and take them outside, open the door to put girlies out and babies run back in, kitchen like a skating rink, in the end all girlies and babies outside and Cruz gone off with his Daddy.
It is like the Somme here
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah Malka come and live here, you won't have time to sleep, you'll feel tired, but never make it to that bed...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Evening Lorraine and LL.
Matchsticks Malka.

I must stop looking at properties in Derbyshire and surrounding areas goodness what we could get and be mortgage free seems to good to be true we would have a bit in the bank too. If Gorden got that job it would just be the icing on the cake.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Afternoon all

Lynn, you mentioning about Gorden doing the scotia's, Dave has now finished ours, and I love the way he's done the little "ends", technically called "returns" apparently, where instead of just the bit of bare wood, it's the colour matched bit on the ends and it looks so professional I'm glad we didn't let those bodgits do this part of it!

Anyhoo, here's the before and after pics, although the after will be changing in half an hour, as the two lamp tables will be outed, the flowers will be back on the floor and my new Dunelm table will be by the front door when he's finished putting it all together but it seems a bit fiddly from the time he's taking lol!

Before with the bare floor Dave repaired everywhere:

and now all finished! I think it's a perfect colour match to the walls

Hmmmm, now what's my next job for him cos he still has 2 days left here

Crystal, oh yesss, that's a very big ahhhhhhhh from me

Jenny, glad you had such a nice walk with lots of friends, and I will direct you to Dunelms which is actually nearer to where you will be than what I am!! Trouble is, there won't be anything left by September when you come will there

June, I loved reading about Mabs and how good she was down at the river with those babies, bless her heart, she will make a fantastic mum won't she. Shame about that couple and Ash, but there will be others I'm sure and soon.

Now who's got all the cake then???
That's lovely H! I wish I had your eye for decor! Which bits are the returns - is it the dark strips attached to the skirting boards and the flooring?
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Ooh. I like that Helena. Very classy, love the colour of the wood.

Anyone want a cupcake?

(Belgium choc lookalike s ) just big enough for a Mouthful each one. 24 in a box. got a box off my daughter earlier along with a lovely big bunch of Tulips. She came down today as she has to take my granddaughter to Wigan tomorrow while she teaches dancing to a group of kids whose mothers are in the gym - a type of crèche I suppose. They are paying her £15 an hour my achey legs are much better now thanks. I took some more co-codmol after lunch & that seems to have eased them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Oooh they look very good and am in sore need of a chocolate fix. You have done staying awake taking co codemol, I'm spark out within 20 minutes if I take them during the day. This weather doesn't help either does it, gets right into your joints
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 07:04 PM
LS - I hope you get your slippers tomorrow, have you hinted or are you relying on your family remembering I remember only too well what it was like acting as referee to my two sons and the later in the day it got the more 'over-the-top' they'd get. I do sympathise ...... go and bung a DVD on and give yourself a break. ((hugs)).

Lynn - Oooh a cheese scone, yes please and thank you I love them. I think everyone has niggling little jobs that need doing around the house ..... we have plenty and they'll probably only get done if we ever move

Moyra - Hi, lovely to see you.

Malka - I have no tips for staying awake ...... when I get tired and my eyes start to go its hopeless. Can't you let yourself have a sleep but just put an alarm clock on to wake you when you need to be awake.

June - You need a steam mop dear. Would Cruz's daddy not like another gorgeous dog ...... Ash?

Helena - your hall way is stunning and I love the colours

Just going to have a quick trip into the garden and try and rustle up something yummy for me to cook ...... although that cheese scone has filled me up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 07:09 PM
He is my friend Jan's OH (we own Cruz together along with Midnight) and they are tempted by Ash, very much so, its just that they have a lot on as well and it will be one dog too many, just like me, although they have the boys in the main and I have the girls, just that Midnight should have come here, but stayed as company for Cruz, and then it was mean to move her really, and she was getting a bit too old for me to try and integrate her here with the others, so their inn is full at the moment, and of course then I decided to keep one of Cariad's daughters, so there is no room at this inn for Midnight either now, let alone Ash
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »