register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 12:55 PM
They've emailed to say they are on their way, everything ready for him. Like has been said he will more than likely stroll off without a backward glance for me, who will be the one sobbing in the street
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Think they have stopped shooting whatever poor critters they are after.. hope the wolf was safe inside

Met two glorious Irish Wolfhounds yesterday...

and early at the bottle bank, a wee white cat.. all cats look wee alongside my two of course She was fine and well fed but i wish they would not make the cats stay outside like that
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
They've emailed to say they are on their way, everything ready for him. Like has been said he will more than likely stroll off without a backward glance for me, who will be the one sobbing in the street
Awwww!! Well, credit to you when he does.... a secure and happy dog
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena and everyone.

Oh yes a sad day for us here to see the first of the naughties go on their way to their new life.
I am sure we have no worries though as knowing June she will of done her best to source the right homes for them.

Chris I am sorry to hear Rosie has an unsettled night again I hope she is better this morning and the vet can get to the bottom of the problem.
I also hope Pepsi had a better day and night and of course more get well vibes for Tai.

Woke again about 4am and got up at 6am dozed on and off till then. Gorden heavy breathing and snoring in my ear doesn't help.
We have to do the move and now seriously start do the house up best we can this end with little money unless Gorden lands a job of course in which case we still be going but for the prices of the places we are looking at we still may get a 3 bedroom and have a spare room for when the kids want to stay. If it has to be a 2 bed that's fine they can camp on a floor or in the garden if the weather is nice. Just need to find the energy now to start.

Dillon and I are going to have a very blustery walk today I think I may need lead boots but hopefully there will be no rain.

Take care all and have a good day.
Afternoon Lynn, it's the only way to go, and you'll wish you did it years ago I'm sure, just like I am now. I bet your walk wasn't half as blustery as mine, down on the beach with severe gales and torrential rain, no wonder we were the only ones down there, but I soon turned around and came home, what was I thinking??!!! Now the sun is shining!

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning Helena - a sad but ultimately happy day for you then. Morning to everyone else too.

I need someone to come and light a rocket under my bum. I've got SO much to do today and I just cannot get motivated to start and get on with it.

And it's RAINING again!
Afternoon Pat, I hope by now you've managed to muster up some energy for all that packing you've got to do. I hate the packing, I like unpacking,. but not packing!

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Collie is settling; she often has a barkathon the day after I have been out all day, kind of delayed separation anxiety

The latest gale has been battering all night and soon will ease but no end in sight to all this

Y'day was it seens the best day to be out and yet I am fine staying home; spent literally years housebound in the past.

Drove out with the light in the east on the right and the full moon on the left, through some of Ireland ;s lands

Miles of forests then this...

This site has some awesome pictures

http://skelligphoto.blogspot.ie/2012...nty-kerry.html

Sightseeing etc; a wide beach strewn with storm debris,, the car was rocking so stayed in it!

HUGE shop... all stocked up again,, trailed to several butchers and came home with enough bones and scraps etc for a week.. they sell their chicken carcasses to a place for stock but am trying with a smaller foreign butcher.

Some good meat bones so both slow cookers are on.. one for me, one for the dogs...

Admired hens on sale at a market but cannot take any,, kind man have me eggs...

Library and prescription...

Birdsong is so loud it startles and the cats are still wired to the moon

So home safe and ready work wise now

Stay safe and dry out there
Afternoon Rose, and what beautiful pictures you've given us here today to cheer us up. I'm sure you had a worst night of weather than we did, so I can't imagine how bad it must have been as it was horrendous here, never heard such wind for many years. Glad you're home and safe and got the slow cookers on the go now

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

I have some good news this morning. Kyiro is now doing very well and actually ran in from the garden this morning. So when I took him and Lily for a walk I thought I would take them a bit further and see how he went. We walked for about 35mins and he trotted happily along enjoying himself, no limping. He is now enjoying a well earned snooze before his breakfast.
He will have another 20min walk with Lily this afternoon and I will slowly build him up so hopefully he will soon be able to join us on our organised greyhound walks again, which are about an hour long.

Sorry to hear Rosie is still poorly. I wonder if a combination of Zantac and Antepsin would help. Its what Milo had for his IBD and it stopped all the runs etc and its what Lily has when she is poorly with her tummy. Has your vet mentioned an Endoscope to check whats going on in her system and get a firm diagnosis?

Good luck to little Che and I hope he has many happy years in his new home.

Lynn I have obviously missed something and I am sorry you are having to look at moving so soon. I did see a couple of jobs advertised yesterday for English teachers for year 5's. I don't know if that would suit Gordon?
Hoping Tai and any other poorly doggies are feeling much improved today.

Take care all and I hope everyone has a good day.
Afternoon Bev, and what great news about Kyiro there managing not just one but hopefully 2 walks today without any pain. At long last hey Bev, he's a real trooper is your Kyiro, please pass on a gentle hug from us.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hi all

Oh dear, I'd forgotten about Che. How sad to lose him. We will all miss him.

I was up at 4 am too Lynn - and then couldn't get back to sleep so I'm soooooo tired today.

xxx
Afternoon Linda, awwwww, you sound tired, maybe a nanny catch up nap is in order for this afternoon before the school run.xxx

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
The zitac finished yesterday. I forget the name of the other one that she had half an hour before a meal - that discontinued the day before. She's now just on Buscopan
Hi Chris, that sounds like that would have been the Zantac then, which is given an hour before a meal, and these are the ones that were brilliant for Zena so he gave me some more. Maybe your vet will give you more of those if this carries on before he gets those tests results back.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all,

Good luck in your new life little Che, hope your new family have many a happy year with you.

Finger crossed for Rosie , hope this gets sorted soon

Windy here today, but at least the snow has gone so we cant complain,

Off to the hairdressers today, the roots need doing

Have a good one folks, and stay safe xx
Afternoon Jackie, oh yes, those darned roots!!! My hairdresser took some cuttings from my head and propegated them with solutions and turns out I can't go much lighter like I wanted cos it went orange! I am now going for a very light brown base, and then she will lighten all this dark hair dye I've been slapping on it since I started going grey. Shame really, cos my new greys are very white just like mums', which would of course go blonde, but what do you do?

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good morning Helena and all,

Oooh dear - Che off today to his forever home But what a fantastic job June has done to get these puppies to this stage after what they have all been through. I'm sure he will love his new home

Helena - enjoy your walk if you haven't already been and blow some of the cobwebs away

Chris - I hope Rosie remains settled and you get some answers as to what is going on.

Lynn - You too have a lot on your plate at the moment. Enjoy your walk but you may well need to put on those lead boots as it is pretty windy. ((hugs)) to you.

Tangutica - A rocket has been launched and is aimed at your backside - not sure if it will connect though. Good luck with the move.

RoseB - Wow, what stunning scenery. So glad you managed to get out. Have a good fruitful day.

Bev - Excellent news about Kyiro. He is clearly feeling 'on-top-of-the-world Long may it last.

LS - Not another early riser I hope you can have a fairly restful day and maybe get a nap ...... unlikely with small children though.

JackBox - Enjoy your hair appointment ..... needs must.

I hardly dare say it but I woke the dogs up this morning (as it should be) but what a difference it makes to me having a decent sleep

Off for a quick walk with the boys before bundling them into my car and then of to visit my Mum.

See you all later.
Afternoon Jenny Have a lovely visit to your dear mum, and let us know what she comes out with today wontcha, I'm sure she'll say something to make you laugh, love her

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
'phone call to vets:

Monitor today. Ring back for more tablets if she starts again.

He's wanting to wait until the stool sample is back if at all possible which makes sense. I've also done what I should have done in the first place if I'd been thinking straight and starting a diary.

Just hoping that we don't get a repeat today and have everything crossed that the results are back tomorrow
So do I Chris, I really hope you get those results back soon.

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Helena,Morning all

Windy here,had a shower first thing,
I was supposed to be going to fracture clinnic this morning but O/H has point blank refused because of the rain and wind
I'm very annoyed with him and told him so which has caused a row.
Sick of him now and all the bloody excuses....told him refuse to go next week and he's on his own.

Have a pile of laundry to get through,

Have a good day all x
Afternoon Sal, oh you're going through it there with o/h, and yes, s*d him if he refuses to go again next week, there's only so much you can do for somebody isn't there! Good luck with him, but I know what they're like Ihave one myself.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

Good luck Che,
Hope you have a good day Rosie and that you will feel better.

Blowing a gale here too and all night.
No news, just another one of those days
Take care all.
Afternoon Jen, it may be just another one of those days, but I hope it's another good day and that Pepsi is still ok along with Brian.

Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Morning H, morning all.

Best of luck to Che off on his adventures.
Hope everyone who has poorly pets has a good day with them all improving hopefully.

Hugs and best wishes to all who are "down" at the moment.

Don't melt the plastic at Dunelm H!

Very windy here but with lovely sunshine at the mo......can't possibly last!

Off to asda drives me potty, I swear I get trolley rage.
If only we could stop eating, I wouldnt have to go AND I'd loose weight.

Have a good one everybody
Afternoon Gill, you're probably fighting your way around Asda as I type, and hopefully, you'll come home unscathed I didn't burn the plastic, I used half and half with cash I'd saved!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Afternoon Nechda, afternoon all

The spare packets [not boxes] of tissues are in the white cupboard in the shower/loo room - I had a dozen packs delivered with the last "necessities" delivery so have plenty to hand out when our beloved Che strolls off with his red-spotted hankie tied to the end of the stick he casually holds over his shoulder...

...and if we run out of tissues I have about a dozen packs x 32 bog rolls stacked up in my back room so we can use those

Poor little Rosie and poor you Chris - I do hope that whatever it is that is causing her problems can be found and sorted.

Storms started again yesterday evening - thunder, lightning, and rain rain rain - luckily it had stopped when Pereg woke me at 2am as she needed to go out [little so and so had refused point blank to go out before we went to bed but I cannot blame her as when we have rain it is RAIN.

Woke this morning thinking pill, pill, pill - was only about ten minutes late - rolled into kitchen, opened fridge to take out the box of cheese triangles and as I did so the light in the fridge went off. Oh booger, I thought - I had only replaced that light bulb a couple of weeks ago, so opened the freezer section and that light was also off - power cut yet again, so rolled into the salon to stop the blinkin' UPS from beeping [computer was switched off so did not need the UPS to beep], rolled back into bedroom, gave Pereg her pill, and zonked off again for another hour or so.

I had fully intended going to the vet - sorry, doc - this morning but she is only here from 8-10am on a Thursday so I missed surgery again. Oh well - she will be back again on Monday afternoon, by which time I will have forgotten what it was I wanted to see her about. In any case, it has been bucketing down again so I would not have been able to get to the clinic as I obviously cannot go out in the rain.

Still no news about our mail and still no news from Effie but he knows not to phone me unless he does have news.

Oh yes - great news about the friend who had the brain surgery! Both she and her husband are now together at a sort of "half-way house" - she from hospital and he from rehab following the major hip fractures reconstruction surgery, As soon as they have some help organised - they do not want a live-in carer just someone to go in daily for a few hours - they will both be able to go home! She sounded absolutely great on the phone, and is now just waiting for another MRI but she does not know when it will be as it is not classed as urgent now, which is extremely good news!
Afternoon grandma, great news about your friend there and her hubby, sounds like they've got it all sorted now then. Another power cut, jeeesus, but I suppose it's the storms? Glad you've stocked up with all the tissues and loo rolls cos we sure are gonna need them later on aren't we Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly for you grandma, although I'm sure it won't!

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning one and all

Sad to see Che go off to his exciting life, I cried buckets when Yandi went and I knew she was off to a fabulous life!

I hope you get to the bottom of whatever is going on with Rosie.

Lol Lynn, that's me. scruffy old bag who sometimes forgets to put a face wipe around her face, that is always when you meet someone!

It is blowing a gale here again, I actually watched a film this morning on the new Kindle so was off to a late start.

I have been sorting out under the stairs, the place that fills with junk so quickly. There are loads of the dogs toys which were put there until they had surgery to repair them, it always means somewhere else is untidy for a while though. We haven't had our dustbin emptied since before the snow came so it is rather full at the moment, it was recycling week this week.

I hope you all have a good day today.
Afternoon Gerry Sounds like all is well with you today then which is good! Keep it up!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Sorry June, oooops I seem to have missed you, but I sure didn't miss our beautiful pic (our LAST pic probably) of darling Che, so thank you for that.

Now be very brave mrs, you know you found the right home for him, he's got food for a month, he's happy and healthy, and just like your son has said, I bet he doesn't even give you a backward glance! I'm sure he will though
*hands June a bunch of tissues ready for the departure*

Let us know won't you how it goes......xxxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Sat waiting now......I made myself a nice mug of milky coffee, put it on the floor, and yes it spilt and went all over the carpet, so on my hands and knees scrubbing with cleaner, because it won't half pong when it dries otherwise, thinking well this is the time the door will go, but not here as yet.
This is the worst bit, once they are here and paperwork done, bring him in etc. then I go onto autopilot and it doesn't hit until they actually drive off with him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Awwww (((hugs))). I remember Dillon's breeder carried him to the car and gave him to me when I was sat in the back, then stood waving us off I was crying for her having to say goodbye.
I hope they will let you know they arrive home safely and how the journey went for him.

Where's my tissues.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Got to be anytime now, fire won't light
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Got to be anytime now, fire won't light
ACHING for thee.. off to light a candle
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 01:48 PM
June - what an adorable farewell photo of Che Be strong, your pups are an absolute credit to you and you wouldn't him putting the brakes on - far better to leave without a backwards glance. He is going to have a ball with his new family. ((((((hugs))))) to you. Lots of support here with masses of tissues at the ready.

Lynn - Your walk sounded an absolute hoot!!

Helena - Wow, what fantastic bargains Amazing I have never heard of bargains that good, well lets say they never seem to come my way

Visited my Mum this morning and she was happy. Off now to Tesco to put some food in the cupboards before I walk the dogs again.

See you all later.

Bye-bye Che, be happy!!
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »