View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Evening all Just popped in quickly, cos I feel sick Now either that was the 2 minced pies with thick cream I demolished earlier, or it's the norovirus I picked up in Sainsbury's and I only went in there for bread

Can't come out to play tonight, and I wanted to try a night away from the puter anyway to see if it helps me with my sleeping, but looks like I might be going to bed early anyway, cos I really do feel sick, so unlike me, I haven't been ill for donkeys years, oooooer!

Anyway, quickly read through, sorry to hear about you grandma sorry you've had to vacate the room there Jen thanks for the magic bottle Sally, and today's puppy fix us the best EVER so thanks June

Enjoy your evening, I'm off to my chair now or even my bed if I feel worse, and hopefully see you all tomorrow then.xxx

*leaves remainder of box of Mr Kipling mince pies on the sideboard, in the hope that somebody will eat the rest of them so that I don't have to* What is it about Christmas and blooming mince pies cos I don't even like them really?!!! *burp* lol!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Oh heck, I really hope that you don't have Norovirus H old bean That would be seriously unfunny at the best of times, but just before Christmas, and giving it to Dave natch, would be the pits. Hope to see you posting tomorrow.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2012, 07:54 PM
*Malka grabs box of Mr Kipling's mince pies 'cos she used to love them and and and and - can only dream of them now.

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Helena hope you are feeling better.

I've had a busy weekend, got our new kit. We are wearing multi terrain pattern (MTP) kit like the army. It has way more pockets, Velcro patches....which provided much amusement for us er...'adults' as we were pulling them off each other and chucking them around. Only the adults have the kit just now. The Xmas dinner was great, apart from one of our cherubs shifted his chair while I was behind him and the foot of the chair and the not insubstantial cherub landed on my foot.

We had games of jenga in the mess later, fun today was equally busy and I am proud to say one of my cadets got promoted to lance corporal. I'm afraid all I've done since getting back is snooze. Just shattered.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Ash has just been sick nearly had a heart attack because it was pink/red then realised he had eaten sardines in tomato sauce for tea, he is very quiet though and I am watching him like a hawk
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Ash has just been sick nearly had a heart attack because it was pink/red then realised he had eaten sardines in tomato sauce for tea, he is very quiet though and I am watching him like a hawk
Oooh, the poor wee fella, I hope it's nothing serious.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

What a day, the joys of Christmas, I've had the world and his wife here today
The usual lunch for 6, daughter and partner away for the weekend. I was stumped for what to do for pud so I made an apple pie and 28 choccie crispie cakes. I am left with a small piece of pie for hubbys tea, so that went down well then!!!
Then..... visits from 2 friends, our sister in law, and another sister in law and brother in law and her 3 Grandchildren Pepsi thought it was her birthday, she adores children
So, I've read all the posts but I'm too tired to answer them all, I will try to do better tomorrow
Evening Jen. My what a busy day you have had.
Have a rest now sounds like you need it.
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Morning all, I am exhausted after reading everyone's exploits.

Today we shall walk, and we have received a big storm warning so we shall go fill the petrol cans for the generator incase we lose power, I am sure it is all a fuss for nothing but better to be prepared. We are pretty well kitted out for power loss just forgot the petrol

Off to walk the doglets....

laters xx
Evening DD I hope that storms stays away.
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Well the trip went ahead .

Gary has been fine but is tired and headachy now we are back, but he has enjoyed his day and it seems to have done him good so far.

Unfortunately, a call while we were en-route from my youngest son meant that we couldn't get to see the grandkids as one of them started throwing up - so another with the winter sickness bug. I daren't risk Gary getting it again, but I felt so sorry for my youngest lad. Bless him, it's his birthday today - he had the kids, one throwing up and another he had to pick up later from a sponsored shopping pack thing at the other side of Sheffield. When he 'phoned his ex to tell her their son was ill, she just said to give him a paracetamol and no he couldn't drop him off while he picked up their daughter. I really could slap that woman - HARD!!

Anyway, the rest of the trip went well, but my mum has lost so much weight and looks so tired bless her. It's days like today I wish we lived nearer.
Evening Chris glad the trip went well. What a shame
your sons little one is ill so you couldn't pop in.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
That is the least of my problems at the moment. Three times today I have gone into the kitchen to make a mug of coffee, come back in here, reached out for the mug and guess what. It is still in the kitchen.

Go back and shove it in the micro for a quick nuke to reheat it, come back in here and the bdooly dog has switched off my computer because I forgot to upend the keyboard and she went a-hunting for tissues that I might have left [usually have] on the table.

Neighbour came in a while back with two packages, one of which had taken nearly two months to arrive from ??? Hong Kong or Singapore or somewhere ??? and by the time I had removed metres of scud tape and torn a thousand layers of bubble wrap off - I could not open the bdooly thing to insert the batteries.

The second package was another set of ComfortFlex harness and collar for Pereg, plus a Hurta harness which I thought might be OK. It was not. Well it would have been had it been the size ordered and the size marked on the label but no way is it the girth measurements marked and it will cost me too much to return it to bother. The ComfortFlex ones are fine - I just wanted another set for when I wash the first ones.

And the bdooly dog bit my forearm when putting on and adjusting the new ComfortFlex harness because I think maybe she was feeling a bit bleugh. She did not mean to, it was an automatic reaction on her part and her teeth only just touched my arm but my skin is so bdooly fragile and my arms so thin that I have a set of toothmark-size bruises already.

And it has only just gone 9pm and I want to go to bed but I cannot for another two hours.

G]http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/sad/s0717.gif[/IMG]
for rant
Sounds like a nightmare of a day Malka. I hope the large swig from the magic bottle has helped.
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Evening all
I loved the puppy fix - thanks June

Chris it's great that Gary enjoyed his day, even if he is tired now at least it gave him a change of scenery. I'm sorry you didn't get to see everyone because of the dreaded bug which is doing the rounds

I've had a lovely relaxing afternoon but did end up having a busy morning which was fine as I got things done that I hadn't expected to

I had a lovely walk this morning and a shorter one this afternoon - now we are all relaxing in front of the TV - the only problem is that Flash has awful wind (I assume he's eaten something in the garden) but it really isn't pleasant

Think I need to vacate the room now - I'll go a cook the meal. I'm sure my OH will soon join me once the awful aroma wafts his way

Have a good evening if I don't see you later.
Evening Jenny. Glad you had a nice relaxing day.
I hope the smell is disappearing.
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
She is so lacking in couth that woman - *gets out dettol wipes.

That puppy pic is so adorable TW, and I hope that Ash is dried off now and none the worse for his dunking! Poor little scrap.

Took Jimmi out for a short walk today, with a pawz boot on his current bad foot (which is looking good by the way) and he was delighted to be out and about again. I deliberately avoided all routes that sometimes have bits of glass on the pavement etc. etc., even though this latest paw trouble is nothing to do with injury, just his periodic flare up of abscesses. However, would you blinking believe it......he suddenly stopped and waved a front paw at me, from which protruded a large thorn I pulled it out, and off he went as happy as anything; all I can hope is that the course of ABs he is on will prevent anything blowing up in that pad. Our last dog often had thorns removed, and never ever had a problem, but this is the Jimster!!

Now, watch this please Malka:

*picks up bottle, selects sparkling glass and pours wine carefully into same.
Evening Sally. Glad to hear Jimmi got a walk today and enjoyed it.
I hope the thorn doesn't upset his paws now he seems to be making progress.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Aww, poor bubba - maybe he ate too much too quickly? I do hope he is OK but knowing you June you will sit up all night with him now.

(((hugs)))
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:32 PM
So do I, still not sure if it was his mum's water bowl or it really was the mop bucket he had been in, I could strangle Cariad I really could, there was no need to put on a 4 act drama just because I took the other 2 out, AFTER she had been out I may add. If she hadn't played up it most likely wouldn't have happened. Have let her in and she has fed them and Ash went straight to her, so maybe mum's milk will settle him.
Taught me a lesson, i thought I had moved everything out of harm's way
Lots of shrieking going on in the kitchen so best see what's up
he's play fighting with one of the others, he's the one on top, so he's perked up a bit
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Oh Lore, I hope that your foot is okay Best keep your tootsies up for the rest of the evening, and get someone to feed you grapes, or chocolate or something!

TW, please keep updating on Ash........puppies can be so worrying when they are poorly. You will have the whole of Dogsey sitting on the edge of their seats nibbling their nails.

Am watching the Making of a Lady, it's really good (Joanna Lumley is brilliant as a caustic old biddy). Malka you could do with watching this
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »