Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 08:25 AM

Lump on ear

Whilst stroking Monty last night I noticed he has got a small lump on his ear.

I originally thought it was a tick as it was about the right size and feel for a tick but on closer inspection I could rule tick out as the lump was pink/flesh coloured and definitely not a tick.

I guess I would describe it more as a wart. Anyone got any ideas as to what it could be. I know boxers are prone to lumps and bumps but I guess I always associate warts and lumps with older dogs - he's only two.

We already have an appointment with the vets next Monday for a follow up on his lump on his ribs so I was going to discuss it with the vet then but am now worrying that I should take him sooner.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Fingers crossed it's nothing serious!!
Teagan has numerous skin tags, and has had them most of her life, lets hope it's just something like that!

*hugs*
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2011, 09:10 AM
I would keep an eye on it for a few days and see if it changes. If it gets bigger I would go to the vet sooner but if it does not change I would wait until your appointment on Monday.

Any lump on a boxer should be aspirated just to make sure its nothing serious Star had a small wart like lump on her ear but we never did find out what it was as Royal Mail lost it in the post when it was on its way to the lab.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Agree with Carole.

One of our Boxers had 4 lumps removed (on 3 occassions) from various parts of her body before she was a year old - thankfully all benign. One was an ugly looking wart

She continued throughout her life growing various assortment of the dratted things - again all benign but needed checked out

Hopefully Monty's will be fine
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I am keeping a very close eye on it and if it changes for the worst then i'll bring his appointment forwards.

It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all and he hasn't tried to scratch it or anything.