View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2006, 08:53 PM
What a horrible situation to be in Jenny.Personally i would go with your gut instinct.You have already said thet Scruffy will stand his ground.As it gets older the Staffie will not back down either.If they cannot afford to pay the vets to sort out poor Scruffy's ear infection,how will they ever pay for vet care should the worst come to the worst and they start fighting.Fingers crossed this doesn't happen,but if it does what then?If i were you i would persue the line of rehoming Scruffy.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 09:08 PM
well they have taken him to the vet, but i dont know if they would have if i hadnt said anything. i happened to stop by and he was shaking his head and crying in pain if u touched his ear. So i said they had to take him, and they were complaining that it was expensive and they said 'well, where do u stop taking him to the vet, where do u draw the line'. cos hes been in and out of the vets every month since theyve had him nearly. but to me, him being in pain warrants a vet visit, so they took him. but dont kno if they wud have gone otherwise.
my mum paid for his op out of her own pocket... 300 quids worth, even tho he was under their care.

i dunno.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2006, 09:13 PM
I agree that this is an sad situation for scruffy and for you too.. personally I think you would be wise to rehome scruffy before anything more happens to him.. I'm appalled to read that an ear infection was not treated/vets bill a concern, then the same people paid £250 for a puppy.
I honestly think that just the financial responsibility for 2 dogs may be too much for them on an every day basis.. and totally unmanageable if an emergency happened.. either as a result of 2 dominant dogs or any other mishap!
You sound like you already know the outcome of the situation... I wish you luck in re homing scruffy

Rachel
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Yes I hope Scruffy finds a lovely new home soon Jenny and one where your mum can keep in touch with him
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 05:02 PM
i dunno. we are going round there tonight. i think i may see how it goes, but stress the seriousness of the situation they have got themselves into. i will be keeping a close eye, believe u me.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2006, 05:16 PM
well to me you don't draw the line for them.
if they need any type of treatment regardless of age or cost they should get it.
its part and parcel of owning a dog.
let us know how things go jen.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2