Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 08:44 PM

Wife Swap - would you?

Ok, we were having supper on trays tonight and decided to see if there was anything on the TV. As we flicked I came across Wife Swap and got a glimpse of some woman who was walking the other woman's Chinese Crested and looking after her kids. We flicked on..

But it got me thinking.. would you do that?

I don't have children - but there are so very few people I would entrust the care of my dog to, so I'm a resounding NO.
I'd be thinking worse case scenario - and if something happened, I'd be livid. Oh I know there's a camera crew around at all times, but are they meant to intervene if something goes awry?
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 09:03 PM
If i got a bloke that stayed at home more often then maybe!! Lol.

But seriously, i wouldn't trust some random with my dog either and don't think i'd really like the thought of someone else living in my house for a week. Plus i wouldn't want to have to deal with someone's kids for a week!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
No Way - mostly because I know I would end up paired with some neanderthal man who expected everything done for him and I would be about 6 minutes in the house before i would be at loggerheads with him....

oh hang on - that IS MY House !! LOL

no but seriously - it would be my worst nightmare and I would never trust some random stranger to look after the dog let alone my child !!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I saw an episode where the family dog was banished to an outside kennel - and another where the woman tried to remove the children`s pet gerbils etc. There`d be blood on the floor if they tried that at my place.
Not that it ever would.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Absolutely not but it's an interesting snap shot of peoples lives. Makes my own seem quite wonderful
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
OMG no! You could end up with a psycho in your house!! The programme makers pair wife swappers to ensure there is going to be disharmony and trouble. If they all got on well.............how much fun would that be to watch?
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Absolutely positively NOT!
Apart from the fact I wouldnt trust some random stranger to look after my girls, or my dogs,
I know what side my bread's buttered and I wouldn't swap my hubby for anyone elses
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 10:39 PM
No chance, firstly I have no desire to be on TV, secondly I wouldn't trust some stranger to look after my boys, dogs and cats and thirdly I couldn't be ersed trying to sort out some numpties problems.........got enough of my own here
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Well, I have to say a resounding NO! Despite Baz's faults, he definitely loves the dogs as much as me......
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Absolutely positively NOT!
Apart from the fact I wouldnt trust some random stranger to look after my girls, or my dogs,
I know what side my bread's buttered and I wouldn't swap my hubby for anyone elses
I have to agree. I've been married three times and no I'm not addicted to wedding cake! But its taken me a long time to find the right one for me, so no I wouldnt swap.
I have never allowed anyone else to look after my kids - not going to start now.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >