View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Evenin' Hobbit - Hope your lass is OK with the GF mallarkey, you'll soon get the hang of it - you may even have to do some cooking! lol !
As regards "getting a man in" I've taken on a new Keeper/Estates man so I can take a bit of a back seat. There's more blerdy staff here than an old Cecil B De Mille movie. Trouble is they all need paying!
Times are hard - friends are few - If you feel you can help just send a donation (Cash only - don't take cheques - not even off you!).
See you later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Eileen!! So pleased to see you back, but you poor woman, you have had a time of it haven't you. How you are still standing with all life is currently throwing at you I will never know.
Lots of love and kisses to the twins, big hugs to Leah, scary stuff about the cashew nuts as well, something you see and think I Fancy Them, next minute you're in a hospital bed Hoping mum is facing the right direction now and chem is not needed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Oh No...I see LG has had to slit the sides of his mattress to get the money out for staff wages
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Evening LG
Good to hear you're getting a bit of a rest.Next step will be a Nursing homeMe send you a donation??drop in the ocean that would be,you are rolling in itHow lovely of the Mem to take such good care of you,the lady must be a saintI'm sure you'll be keeping a close eye and making sure all jobs are done to your satisfaction.Heaven help the poor man,I give him a fortnight...tops
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Hi TW
It's great to be backI'll admit,that 10 days was insane.Mum was in for 2 days also at the same time,but that worked out fine,just went for one ward to the nextTrying to help with the babes and be at the hospital for a few hours day and night was hard but we sorted it.I think I actually do better under pressure.Met a gorgeous lady,a patient in the same Bay as Leah.She was brilliant,taking care of Leah when I wasn't there,was so good to her.She also was in for 10 days and we became really good friends.Been keeping in touch since and planning on a meal out with her soon.Poor girl has MS and a whole host of other problems but of course spent her time making sure everyone else was ok.Was so glad she was there,helped a lot.The staff were amazing have to say,couldn't do enough but was so happy to have her back home
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Hahaha, LG asking for donations....erm I have a fiver to my name, you are very welcome to it lol
Lacey, I think being surrounded by good people in hospital makes all the difference, I had 3 lovely people with me, one was a lady in her 80's and the night she threatened to go and ram her walking stick up a noisy patients a@#e made me laugh so much...i will never forget it or her
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 10:38 PM
We did have such a laugh with the other patients GRIFF
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2016, 10:42 PM
I have been thinking of you, but I knew how busy you'd be so was waiting for you to collapse in a heap, make a coffee, and think Ohhhh yess....and come and tell us all about it all.
At least they were in the same hospital,could have been hospitals at opposite ends of the country
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2016, 10:49 PM
First time I was In hospital having my first op on my knee, a lot of the patients were older and whingers...drove me mad...sorted that with a portable tv and corrie lol second time my lovely consultant got me my own room....awesome!! I can't be doing with whinging, yes you are ill but moaning doesn't help, putting a smile on someone's face is a lot better, we all looked after one another, the nurses used to pop up to see we were o.k as we never used our buzzers. The old ladies used to get confused at night and wake up asking where they were...we used to turn on our lamps and talk to them and remind them of who we were and where they were....also used to leave the light on in the bathroom with the door ajar so they didn't fall on the way to the loo....made it hard to sleep but better than an oldie with a broken hip!!!
I am sue the lady with the MS will be glad to have made some lovely friends...you can never ever have enough of those!!!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5