Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2015, 06:26 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread; Friday

Morning all.... winter here already.. cold and wet and windy but the dramatic skies..... Beautiful. Having a BAD DAY already! made toast not realising the bread is mouldy then found NO BUTTER. Grrr!!! All I have i that disgusting Kerrymaid stuff.. yukk... Was sure i had another full pack of butter..ah well! Had a wander round the garden and on Sunday will harvest broad beans and a few peas and kale. Had a shock yesterday afternoon when a huge oil tanker lorry appeared at the window. No other houses up here and the lane is narrow.. turns out that the digger had run out of fuel and instead of going and getting a jerry can he gets the whole dratted tanker up. Did not tell him as he drove on down the lane that there is nowhere to turn.. came in and closed curtains and ear plugs in... Had enough Irishness to last me a lifetime! So am hibernating now..
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2015, 06:29 AM
Oh for the laughter thank you.. yesterdays thread I mean... bidieunder is an old Scottish word for a .. how to say it? Secret lover who hides under the bed when hubbie arrives unexpectedly... biding under the bed! Not owning a hoover I did not know the word Henry..
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2015, 06:53 AM
Good Morning all, must get Amber out for her walk.

I had never heard that term before Bidieunder?! Was amused by some of the banter on last evening's thread.
Glad Tyto is home ok but poor Dillon, the prognosis for his old age is not good. I do hope they can do something for him. I love those twisted hazel I bought one for my next door neighbour a few years ago, I wonder how it is doing now?

Well I slept well again last night but feel like death again this morning. Late getting Amber out so had better get a move on.

Have a lovely day all, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2015, 06:56 AM
Morning Rose and all who follow.
Not a good start to the morning Rose. Can imagine the annoyance at the tanker we get the occasional van or small lorry stop outside our window usually for deliveries and I get annoyed. One did stop and he then decided to stay and eat his lunch it blocks the light from our living room. I went out and politely pointed him in the direction of the little place to pull in and eat his lunch and not annoy anyone. He was not amused but did move.

We had a storm in the night and lots of rain so I had to come down and unplug the aerial and turn off the booster to the aerial.

Thought Dillon didn't seem so lame this morning maybe the Previcox is already hitting his system. Do hope it is only a strain and the elbow x-rays show no problems. The little lump needs to come off though so best get them done to rule any problems out hopefully.

June hope you are feeling better after your fall yesterday. Agree with griff get the garage to deliver especially as you had to do an unnecessary walk yesterday.
Hope your not told off today griff. Blooming cheek.
Hope everyone else is doing well and not too many aches and pains.
Hope Tyto manages to do his business today and his ear isn't as sore. Hope you are coping better with the aids too brenda.

Wonder if the postman will bring the cheque today as it was meant to be sorted yesterday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Morning Moyra hope you feel better soon.
I am hoping the x-rays show no problems with elbows too and it turns out to be a pulled ligament or something after coming up a very steep bank the other week.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Just had a call from eldest brother his cheque arrived and so has mine so Gill's and our other brothers should of arrived too.
Thank goodness we can relax a bit now.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Morning all.
Glad you are getting sorted Lynn and I hope Dillons xrays prove nothing too serious.
I would like to get in the garden today, but it is so overcast and blowy not sure I will be able too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Sun gone in here too now Nippy Jen and the towels are in the wash. Hope the weather improves.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Good morning

Hope June is ok today after her nasty accident.

Enjoy your day whatever you do Nippy

Oh dear Rosebud not a good start. Have been there too and ended up having to eat OHs low fat spread

Hope Dillons x-rays come back clear Lynnthis is something you don't need. the checks have arrived so don't go mad with it

Hope you feel better soon Moyra.

Warm, windy and cloudy here at the moment. Washing out and Teazle walked. Planning on having a look at a garden centre I have not visited before

Have a good day and stay safe.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2015, 08:38 AM
It was wet outside but not raining but Sammy refused to go out, carried him out to show him it wasn't raining as he's usually okay but no. We've been out lots of times when it rains and unless it's batting it down he's normally okay, he's been soaked a few times. Probably when I try again it will be raining. sigh
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »