View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Ha, ha Tang, I almost put that ...... but I knew you'd be along to instead to do it I've broken the ulna and radius and had a sprung open fracture in the metacarpel bone of my thumb (the wrist end of the brown bone in your diagram). Mine was from being thrown off a horse many years ago. Once I'd had it in plaster for a day or so I had no pain and the same again once they operated and re-plastered it. None of the bones shattered though. I've got photos of me riding my horse with a broken leg and others of me jumping with my arm in a cast. My parents would have had a blue fit if they'd known at the time

The trouble is everything takes longer to heal when you are older so it could be sometime before Helena can do things like the van change-overs Maybe Dave will do them
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Afternoon all I thought I had already posted on the daily but seems not maybe I did not press the "post" button. Anyhow Happy Bank Holiday everyone - had a busy day up at 6.30 out with Bella put washing in went for papers had breakfast (boiled egg and marmite toast) out into the garden and put down the path clear in the front.
Hung the washing out, put another load in, then loaded the car up with rubbish and by 8am sitting in the queue for the salvage to open. Got rid of the rubbish, back home hung that washing out, another load in then got Dad and Bella in the car and off we went to the farm shop stopped and had a quick walk by the horses all wearing head gear I imagine to stop fly bites. Brought a chicken, eggs and a cauli had a chat with a lady who had a rescue greyhound - not with her though, Bella got a fuss. Came home 3rd lot of washing on the line then cleaned the car inside (vacumed) then went onto the front garden and finished the weeding and planted out some French marigolds as edging and some geraniums in the other bed, took Bella out again and then moved into the back garden and sorted out some wall baskets. Came in the house
and rehung some pictures and moved others to new homes a change is as good as a rest LOL
Then did the ironing. Just had a lovely chicken dinner and now posting this.

Helena - ouch I broke my scaphoid a few years ago and it was very difficult but it was my left and I am right handed found the sling came in handy for carrying things though.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Hello, and I had to laugh - on the ads bit on the left is one for "local plasterer" and another for "injury compensation" - obviously google ads has picked up on poor H's problem!! On my website, there are mentions of such things as St. Mary the Virgin, and I get ads on there for dating sites for those who have never had sex

Anyway, I have been thinking of you H and thought that your op would be over and done with by now, but it seems that you have to wait until Thursday. I feel dreadfully sorry for you, but where there's a will there's a way and the time whilst things are healing will soon go by, really it will. In the meantime make the most of it when Dave is home, and do a little reclining on a chaise longue whilst looking wan and helpless
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Blimey KAZZ! I need a lie down just reading half of that!

I'm busy avoiding real work. I was feeling quite pleased with myself for cleaning my VAIO laptop lol! I'm a lightweight obviously! Think I might have scrubbed it too well coz Jenny talks about a 'brown' bone in the diagram. It's purple on my screen lol! (That's why it's not a good idea to choose colours online - so much depends on your display!)

My only serious hand injury was the spider bite last year. Well apart from the odd hang nail! But I do have an arthritic right index finger (I'm determined not to be left out here can you tell?)

Oh Bitkin those 'contextual' ads make me roll up. I get a lot of them in Greek of course!

*latest slimming tip from tangutica domestic goddess - put a bullclip on the open bag of M&Ms. You'll eat them all eventually but it does slow you down - can't just keep shoving your hand in the bag while doing something else!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:30 PM
I like the slimming tip - do you have a tip for the whisky habit??! I don't have a tantalus.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Ummmmm, the bone on my screen is yellow
A bullclip on M&Ms? sacrilege!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Which bone are we talking about? I have yellow, green, purple and something else that I have forgotten.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:44 PM
My bones are all different colors
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Evening Debbie and Sally.

I did offer to hop in my helicopter to wash Helena's hair.
I managed to wipe my a**e when my hand was out of action with difficulty but it can be done eventually.
I think Helena is hoping Dave will return home Wednesday to take her to hospital Thursday. He will of course take her but it will be better all round if he gets home Wednesday otherwise it will be a tiring day for Dave also.

What a great day. Gorden has even managed to get the old stair carpet on the new stairs not brilliant but it will do for now. Then I was popping out and saw Paul and Beth next door returning from a couple days away. I asked if their little girl had a dolls house. The answer was no so I said she could have the one I had if they wanted it. They were very pleased Phoebe has been on about getting a dolls house.
So we delivered it it took Paul and Gorden to carry the top half. So then we were offered a glass of wine then it got round to me coming back with Beth for rolls and sandwich stuff I had in the fridge and we wasted 3 hours in their garden eating rolls and salad and drinking wine. While Phoebe played dolls houses and Poppy and Dillon played.
He did eventually have to be brought home as he got a bit over excited with Phoebe and started showing himself up. To be fair he does that when over tired.
I am going out with Beth on Thursday for lunch in her VW soft top.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 07:20 PM
What a lovely day you had Lynn, and you sound so happy which is wonderful

That dolls house is sure to be a fantastic hit for a long time to come, and how nice that it to be loved again.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >