Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Had a frantic 'phone call from my brother about an hour ago. The site office where he has his static caravan had 'phoned him to tell him he must go through straight away as the shed had blown over and needed sorting out.

Now as my brother lives in Sheffield and it's a five hour round trip to get to the van and back coupled with him still not fully recovered from a stroke he had during the summer, you can imagine he was in quite a panic.

Fortunately, we only live a five minute drive from where his van is sited so he gave us a call. We've just got back. Nothing at all wrong - it's next door's shed that's over on its side. Needless to say, the stroppy office lady got a blasting and is in for another when my brother 'phones her.

He'd even offered to pay for the office to arrange someone to go out and sort it and they refused saying he must go through himself and sort it out.
My park is the same, their admin/communication skills leave much to be desired! They rang me yesterday to say (6 months after starting paying by dd for the rent for this year) that 2012 has now gone up from £3095 to £3449!! That's a hefty jump isn't it 12% just like that and there's nothing I can do about it but pay it! My rents are going up this year I can see that coming, gotta claw it back!

It's a good job you live nearer than your brother, he would not have been at all impressed with a 5 hour round trip for nothing would he!!! Glad it's not his anyway.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't think I would ever want to live in a caravan through choice ... but would consider it if the alternative was homelessness!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's a good job you live nearer than your brother, he would not have been at all impressed with a 5 hour round trip for nothing would he!!! Glad it's not his anyway.
We kept an eye on my son's too when he had one here. Now he just stays with us, much cheaper - for him at least.

The company that owns the site where my brother has his van has a number of sites and they are absolutely terrible at admin. Ground rent prices hike every year. Add the price of petrol on top and they really are becoming a very expensive luxury. My brother doesn't rent his out. Usually one or other of his kids and their families have it when they aren't there so it does get fully used throughout the season
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
We kept an eye on my son's too when he had one here. Now he just stays with us, much cheaper - for him at least.

The company that owns the site where my brother has his van has a number of sites and they are absolutely terrible at admin. Ground rent prices hike every year. Add the price of petrol on top and they really are becoming a very expensive luxury. My brother doesn't rent his out. Usually one or other of his kids and their families have it when they aren't there so it does get fully used throughout the season
Yes, as one of my friends said recently, we're not trailer trash anymore, more like trailer toffs lol! She's right of course!!! I love mine, Dave hates it with me and the dogs, so unless I spent the whole summer up there without him, I have to rent mine out for the whole season so it becomes a good earner for me, otherwise, it's a liability for me.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5