View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Wow - those corsets are fab! Love victoriana and I will be brave enough to buy a corset one day! There is so much talent on Dogsey - it's brill!

I paint, pastel, draw and do a bit of graphic design. Used to make soft furnishings, so would love to get back into that sometime. Also, would love to have a go at some sculpture.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 10:01 PM
my talent was ten pin bowling when i played for the county....

thats it really.....
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
love those, they are so classy, do you sell them online,
if I hit my target weight, it would be nice to treat myself x

As to talent, not sure I have much of that...
You're a fab dog-trainer!!

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Don't think I have any specific talent!
No...you just haven't discovered it yet

Those corsets are amazing Tillymint - I wish I could sew. My mother could sew, knit & crochet really well, I am hopeless at it!!

I used to draw but haven't for years. It was always animals too (surprise!!)

I was good at descriptive writing and got placed in the WH Smith Young Writers competition when I was 8. My 2 poems got published in their book (ahh, fame at last lol)

Everything mentioned is past-tense - I guess it's a shame not keeping these things up. I keep saying to myself that I must draw again or try writing a book and never seem to get around to it.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I play bowls, my league team outdoors won both our leagues last year, and indoors I won the club triples final with 2 other players! and the club pairs with 1 other player, I play the guitar and enjoy cooking . I've no skills with sewing or art though although I admire others who have.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Gorgeous corsets!! Love them!! That is a definite talent!

Like Vicki, I sing. I like to sing jazzy/bluesy stuff and have been told I sing like a cross between Sam Brown/Joni Mitchell (along with Eva Cassidy one of the best female artists ever!!) and Stevie Nicks (''when I see you again'' is one fo my favourite songs!!). Not a bad compliment so I'll take it!! ;o)

I have also done loads of musicals (in school and in amateur dramatics). My dream is to be Eponine (in Les Miserables) on stage, but I've been Nancy in Oliver, TinMan in Wizard of Oz and Anita in West Side Story.

I'm missing it heaps as haven't sung anywhere other than my house or car for years. The trouble is, singing lessons cost a fortune and it's hard to find a singing group when you have such a unique voice. Still, the search continues ;o)

I also surf (badly), am known for my exotic cooking (thanks to my world travels) and write short stories (mainly travel related - but, never for anyone other than myself and my friends/family though).
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 04:59 AM
I paint a bit....

I also love creating a garden - which is just a living work of art, really

There are lots of other things I enjoy doing but I don't know if I'd say I had a "talent" for them.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 06:41 AM
I don't think I have a talent as such. I can't cook, sew, and am not artistic in any way at all. Am totally disorganised in every way.
The only thing I can do well is I can do a mean stable bed for a horse
I am able to walk into a house and tell if its got spirits living there, I have seen things like this from as early as I can remember in my childhood, and I have communicated with animals before on quite a few occasions. But I wouldn't call that a talent as I think everyone can do that anyway.
I used to do a lot of psychic readings for people many years ago but am seriously out of practice now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I don't think I have a talent as such. I can't cook, sew, and am not artistic in any way at all. Am totally disorganised in every way.
The only thing I can do well is I can do a mean stable bed for a horse
I am able to walk into a house and tell if its got spirits living there, I have seen things like this from as early as I can remember in my childhood, and I have communicated with animals before on quite a few occasions. But I wouldn't call that a talent as I think everyone can do that anyway.
I used to do a lot of psychic readings for people many years ago but am seriously out of practice now.
That is definitely a REAL talent you got there Bev, I was the same, they used to say I had more shavings in my horse's bed than the rest of the yard! I liked big banks, and had to flatten the tops so it was all neat and tidy too! I'm with you on this one Bev!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That is definitely a REAL talent you got there Bev, I was the same, they used to say I had more shavings in my horse's bed than the rest of the yard! I liked big banks, and had to flatten the tops so it was all neat and tidy too! I'm with you on this one Bev!
Add me to that list.

Nothing more therapeutic than doing a good shavings bed.

Nice big banks... with spirit leveled tops....BLISS!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Mine is music, I have a natural ear for music and am one of those people who pick up new instruments really easily and I can work out songs and pick out individual instruments and work them out (drums, guitar, bass) although reading music has never been my strong point, I must sort that!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >