View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2006, 11:31 AM

What are your most vivid childhood memories?

Was just sitting here reflecting on things..n it seems madness in a mere couple of years i will be classed as an adult! So i started to think back to my childhood on a whole..and could remember certain things as clear as day...so i was wondering what are your most vivid chilhood memories?

Mine would be;

* Playing out in the fields with friends of mine in hot summers n being out until the sky went purple and the midges were buzzing high..
* When we had thick snow (must have been about 7) and we had the day off school as the snow was so thick..and going 'sledging;' n ending up in a freezing stream..
* On the summer days of picking apples at my aunts house and making apple crumble..and eating it whilst looking out onto the sun going down (her house was on a hill BTW!)

* For a period when i lived with my great grandmother due to my parents having 'issues' and sitting on the step infront of her house gazing out onto the world and wondering about life in general.

Its madness that the years have passed yet, inside, im still that kid sitting on the step....
Anyway..so what are your most vivid childhood memories?
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 11:42 AM
My earliest memory is waking up in my pushchair and screaming my head off!! :smt043

Others are:
Standing on my brothers metal earoplane and the tail getting stuck in my foot, I hopped around screaming bleeding quite a bit while my brother nearly wet himself laughing.

Getting my 2 front teeth knocked out.

My Mum and Dad splitting up.

Baby brother arriving when I was 8.

Blimey, now I think about it there are loads - some funny, some happy and sadly some sad.

I wonder what my children will remember? They are 5 and 7 years old, so I guess some of what happens now will stay with them.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 11:57 AM
falliung off my bike and grazin my knee in our neighbours drive and my brother taking me inside to clean me up...

ridin my first dog like a pony (about 3 yrs old and she was greatdane x mastiff)

sitting there watching olympics thinking that i would be 15 at the next ones and that was really old and grown up!

holidays at relatives in france.....

going to the royal highland show in Edinburgh every year and walking round watchin all the cattle and horses .....
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Childhood memories,god that seems a long time ago,

I can remember me and my brother playing in the street with a few other kids who had a boomerang,my brother threw it and it went straight through this kids front living room window....whoops Mom and Dad had to pay for a new window,they were not impressed at all.

Our family hols used to be fantastic,having the caravan we went to so many different places,we went to scotland and meet the reindeer and went mountain climbing.

Wagging school and got caught first time i ever did it,and ended up in the headteachers office with Dad doing his nut

I've got so many happy ones but a few sad ones too,me and my brother still laugh now over the things we did when we were kids.

Sal
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:05 PM
My brain has been far too pickled with alcohol over the last 20 years but I can still remember:

My shetland pony rolling whilst I was onboard and hitting my head

Falling down the concrete steps in our old garden and cutting my head

Keeping a butterfly crysalis in an old Marvel tin
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Luke]Was just sitting here reflecting on things..n it seems madness in a mere couple of years i will be classed as an adult!

Careful Luke you nearly gave your age away then Trying to work out whether you will be classed as an adult at 16 or 18.......hmmmmm

Two of my early memories would have to be going to visit my mums friend that had 'emigrated' to Blackpool (well it seemed a long way away when I was little ) and wanting to come home for a banana because she had some lovely bananas in her fruit bowl so cos I was shy I asked my mum if I could come home for one Another one is telling a neighbour that my dad wasn't my 'real' dad and my 'real' dad was in prison God knows where I got that one from.

I also remember my sister taking me up to her friends house on a pony whilst her and her friend rode another pony each and they took me about 3 miles, on a main road and I was only 3 and my sister was 15. My mum was in hospital at the time so she had left me in the care of my sister through the day until my dad came home from work I remember crying because I wanted pedals on my horse like they had on theirs (they had saddles with stirrups on theirs and made me ride bareback )
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by minky
My brain has been far too pickled with alcohol over the last 20 years but I can still remember:

My shetland pony rolling whilst I was onboard and hitting my head

Falling down the concrete steps in our old garden and cutting my head

Keeping a butterfly crysalis in an old Marvel tin

Minky I'm shocked Does that mean you have been drinking since you was 13

I remember on my first riding lesson when I was 12 the instructor kindly telling me that my horse was going to get down and roll with me on I was scared stiff
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:09 PM
For someone with an incredibly bad memory - I can remember loads of stuff from when I was younger......

My mum walking to the Christmas tree when I was 5 to get a pressie (she had a brain tumour removed and was told she would never walk again)

Mum and Dad splitting up

Being allowed to cycle ON MY OWN to my dads for the weekends when I was about 7 (that wouldn't happen nowadays)

The Quarry Kid Gang - putting feet in wellies full of frogspawn

Going out to play after breakfast and not coming home till bedtime

Singing ALONE on stage in front of the whole school (have never been able to sing Morning has Broken since)

Being bullied at school

Setting the Chemistry room alight with a bunson burner

blowing up the 6th form mini oven by heating a tin of sugar in it

Then I also remember 99% of everything in Chinaowers thread - The good Ol Days - fantastic
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Minky I'm shocked Does that mean you have been drinking since you was 13

I remember on my first riding lesson when I was 12 the instructor kindly telling me that my horse was going to get down and roll with me on I was scared stiff
ermmmmmm I guess so hic hic
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Playing cricket with my dad and 2 uncles outside my granda's house when one of them hit the ball through the window, gave me the bat and all 3 just pointed at me. (I was only 4)
It was allways sunny in the summer holidays
The snow in winter never stoped us from going to school
Sitting on the pub window sill waiting for my Dad and Granda on a Sunday afternoon
But most of all haveing loads of fun
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >