Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Not a blooming chance
Not saying they don't get to explore a few feet infront (not on lead or zapping them to return ) to them I'm the person that fun exciting things happen with
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Thats what I thought as well
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2016, 11:36 PM
This is the typical end response, which is jealous dog owners. PS, I do not zap my dogs, so why the collar in the first place, because when I beep, or silently vibrate them after running to hide, watching them successfully search me out every time, is both a great learning experience for them, and glorious for me to be found. The thing that you should be asking yourself, is why does this bother you? And why do you want to believe that I "zap" my dogs? There is no need.

CIAO
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2016, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Not a blooming chance
Not saying they don't get to explore a few feet infront (not on lead or zapping them to return ) to them I'm the person that fun exciting things happen with
Sorry Norma, I have never zapped my dogs to return, my collars have a beeper that they return too, which also will tell me which direction to head in order to find what they have found, the collar also has a silent completely stealthy vibrate feature which brings them back in silence if I wish to head them in a new direction without alerting some other chase animal. You might believe that fun things happen with you and your dogs, and this may be, but my dogs can run upwards of 50 miles in an outing, I doubt if you could keep up with a shorthair.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2016, 05:35 PM
I think you'll find Norma's GSP's do a heck of a lot more than 50 miles when they are out working
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 06:15 PM
I train as soon as the dog comes home! In my case I get rescue adult dogs (both dogs were around 2 when I adopted them). I gave my latest dog the first evening to basically decompress and the next day I started simple training (for him, that meant a lot of impulse control training! -- sitting at doors and the like).

I actually started agility training (foundation stuff) only a week after he came home. That MIGHT have been a little too soon as we didn't have much of a bond at that point, but it didn't hurt because early training was all impulse control and Ben needed that SO BAD.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Jeeezzzz a shock collar on a 8 week old pup !!
Right? Welcome to America, where we have companies like Sit Means Sit that think it's ok to shock the heck out of an 8-week-old puppy. There are times I really am embarrassed to be from this country.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
You won't find a leash on me when I am with my dogs, because they never ask me to wear one.
Then you are most likely breaking the law. Very few places in the USA allow dogs off leash. What IS it with you shock jocks thinking it's ok to let your dogs off leash? You are not above the law no matter how much you think you are and yet I see you people all over the place shocking the crap out of your dogs and saying they're "trained." Disgusting.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Right? Welcome to America, where we have companies like Sit Means Sit that think it's ok to shock the heck out of an 8-week-old puppy. There are times I really am embarrassed to be from this country.
http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/a...2_1441470a.jpg

Do you ever wonder why these dogs end up in shelters in the first place?

Did you vote for Trump to make America great again? Or did you vote for a criminal?
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Yeah so

(1) That's a picture. Probably of a dog barking. I can show you pictures where my dogs look mean too. Maybe that's a dog doing Shutzhund. I highly doubt someone was taking pictures of a dog attacking so quit with that nonsense. My GOSH you are making Americans look stupid here.

(2) I don't know what politics have to do with dog training. Again, you're making Americans look bad.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >