View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Yep mine is a mudbath as well, would like to get it paved, much easier to clear up after the dogs. Its awaful trying to clear up with all that mud. The dogs have their nutty 10 minutes running around like lunatics and i'm sick to death of having to catch them at the back door to wipe their paws and keep mopping my floors. Roll on summer if we get one
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Well my large lawned garden was returfed only two years ago and I never thought I'd ever see it in the state it's in now, so the dogs get restricted as to when I let them out there, definitely not when it's raining or just rained or when they're hyper, I'd rather throw them in the car again and whiz them up tomyvillage green for a good run around rather than let them turn it into a mudbath, I'd be pulling my hair out with my cream carpets After our two walks it's different, they get cleaned up and dried off before they come back indoors, but to let them out in a mudbath would be a big no no here I'm afraid.

I have large limestone chippings out the back, and decking, but they can't play on the decking coz it's smooth hardwood, not the ridged stuff and they slip like mad, and as for my gravel, I know it hurts their feet coz they tend to walk along the brick edges to come back in when I let them out there.

The good thing is, as soon as spring appears you'd be surprised how grass comes back, even the worst mud baths will be lush green grass. My neighbours stripped their whole garden, dug out big tree roots and just left it as mud(they don't have dogs), and he couldn't afford to put turf or seed on it, BUT, both he and I were amazed that in the spring it all turned to lush grass, better than my bladdy new turf actually!!!!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I would love to pave it or have cobbles or chippings, anything other than mud but I have little creatures that need the lawn, guinea pigs, rabbits, tortoise so I can't really but I am soooo fed up of mud being tracked across the house. Luckily I gave up on carpets downstairs years ago when I had the kids. We have invented a new game indoors rather than football though which seems to be equally exciting and thats flick the hair bobble!! I really hope it does grow back in the summer but as you guys have said a football obsessed female to add to the 2 boys I have it won't be staying for long
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Ours used to be like a a few years back I got sick of it. So I paved all ours, we have a circle of raised paving with seating to the left surrounded by shrubs, and a path central, with a small garden of shrubs,palms and potted flowers to the right. Mind I still get muddy paws, when they feel the need to do P**s in the plant pots
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh the decking & cobbles look lovely Pidge - I really like the look of that.

We have a small garden and it looks bleeding awful at the moment so can totally sympathize with you. It wouldn't be so bad if we just had Lola, but when a dog like Marius pees it is a lake!

I would love to have what Pidge has, but haven't got spare cash at the moment.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3