Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Arlovski24
New Member!
Female 

09-11-2017, 09:40 PM

New Dog, New Place

Hi all!

I have a new pup (Min pin, almost 8 months) and we have been living with my parents since I got him. I am now going to be moving to a new house with a roommate (also has a dog and they get along great) and I am so nervous about my bringing my pup to this lady's house. He has had a small handful of occasions that he chewed on and ruined items in my parents home.

Currently, he has is own sectioned off area in the house that he stays in while I'm at work (playpen sized). The lady I will be living with allows her dog to roam free. There is really no good space to section off for my dog, and even if there was I know he would go insane trying to get out to be with the other dog. I don't want to crate him all day while I'm at work but I also don't know if I can trust him to roam the house.

Maybe the presence of another dog will stop his destructive behavior?
Chris Kelly
New Member!
Male 

01-12-2017, 07:26 PM
He could have been doing it ,because maybe he was anxious, scared or he just wanted to play and was bored. But you said that he has been only doing it at your parent's house(new place), so he was experiencing a separation anxiety I guess! But your new house has his new buddy, so I do think that there is a chance that he might not show that kind of behavior.
Chaelin Kang
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Hi! I wonder how your dog has been behaving? I also agree with Chris, I think it could have been an anxiety issue, but I also leave my dog alone at home while I work at day time. So I am quite curious about this question. Let me know!