View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 11:34 AM

Nu labour think tanks want to down grade xmas!!!

Is frightening that im not shocked by this!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments

Nu Labour has lost it
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2007, 11:49 AM
• "Birth ceremonies", at which state and parents agree to "work in partnership" to bring up children.

Bollox.....the state can keep out of it

• Action to "ensure access" for ethnic minorities to "largely white" countryside

Eh? "ensure access"? Take a bus to a field and go for a walk.
Its all colours that live in inner cities and dont see trees.

• An overhaul of Britain's "imperial" honours system

Absolutely....too many gongs for party donours and greedy business fatcats.

• Bishops being thrown out of the House of Lords

Too bloody right! Just as the State shouldnt keep their nose out of my childs birth ceremony, religion should keep its hands out of The Law and The State.

. An end to "sectarian" religious education.

Absolutely...see above

• Flying flags other than the Union Jack.

Bollox....its GB/England/Scotland/Wales etc, whatever your colour. We are all born here, its racist to say that the flag of the nation cant be flown for everyone. Flag obsession is just a weird British obsession, usually just by middle class white liberals. This is not an issue in any other country.

Nativity scene: Christian celebrations in schools could become a thing of the past

Good

"If we are going to continue as a nation to mark Christmas - and it would be very hard to expunge it from our national life even if we wanted to - then public organisations should mark other religious festivals too".

No, do expunge it from our national life. Mark December 25th on the calendar as Winter Bank Holiday...then everyone can celebrate it as they like...after all, its just a meaningless religious festival stolen from an earlier religious festival on the same day.
Dont compound the error by adding more religious holidays to the calendar

We can no longer define ourselves as a Christian nation, nor an especially religious one in any sense.

Absolutely.

I take the Marcus Brigstock line myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY-ZrwFwLQg
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 12:18 PM
for the love of god!!! or any god!! leave us alone and address more important issues, like ummmm school, NHS, dentist etc!!!!

Sodding government!!! tell you what make me PM for a week and ill have em all sorted!!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2007, 12:28 PM
it wasnt written by the government though
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Daily mail I see, so I take it with a pinch of salt, they imo are a scuzzy tabloid masquerading as real journalism. Things like this to improve race relations are often thought up by white middle class jobsworths who think these ideas are the right thing to do, they dont ask the people who it affects, like the muslim people in white areas, the whites in black areas, the blacks in jewish areas, IE the people who know first hand about race relations in daily life, not a prat who lives in some tiny village in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway I am stopping my rant now as this is a subject that really gets my back up.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Daily mail I see, so I take it with a pinch of salt, they imo are a scuzzy tabloid masquerading as real journalism. Things like this to improve race relations are often thought up by white middle class jobsworths who think these ideas are the right thing to do, they dont ask the people who it affects, like the muslim people in white areas, the whites in black areas, the blacks in jewish areas, IE the people who know first hand about race relations in daily life, not a prat who lives in some tiny village in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway I am stopping my rant now as this is a subject that really gets my back up.
I agree, its the mail!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2007, 12:45 PM
You are spot on on both points Stormey...good post
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2007, 01:03 PM
It reminder me of a Joke I heard,

How do you confuse a daily mail reader.