Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 10:03 AM

I am so fed up of being ill

This year so far has not been good

First 2 weeks of the year I have sciatica and am signed off work, back to work for 2 days and get a nasty virus and off work for 3 days and it's taken me nearly 3 weeks to get better and now I've got another nasty cold/virus - what is going on

thats not including Murphy having his TPLO op, my daughter was off school for 2 weeks with a virus too and conjunctivitus and my son has also had a week off school becasue of the virus

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear you have been ill Stephanie The problem is if you have pain or an illness your body's immune system doesn't function so well making you susceptible to even more illness...
It has been found that eating lots of vitamin C in the form of fresh fruit and vegetables really does help you fight infection and can actually reduce the lengthy of time you have a cold. Kiwi fruits are an excelled form of vitamin C and available when a lot of other fruits are not, they are so simple to cut in half and eat with a spoon..also freshly squeezed oranges/grapefruit mixed together is good. Hope you are better soon.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

21-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I can sympathise! I've had an annoying cough/cold for a while now. Not bad enough to warrant any time off work or anything... I didn't sleep as well as usual last night, due to coughing like a several packets a day smoker! All the commiseration I got was "Shut up and go and get yourself a drink!"
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Sorry to hear you have been ill Stephanie The problem is if you have pain or an illness your body's immune system doesn't function so well making you susceptible to even more illness...
It has been found that eating lots of vitamin C in the form of fresh fruit and vegetables really does help you fight infection and can actually reduce the lengthy of time you have a cold. Kiwi fruits are an excelled form of vitamin C and available when a lot of other fruits are not, they are so simple to cut in half and eat with a spoon..also freshly squeezed oranges/grapefruit mixed together is good. Hope you are better soon.
Thanks Mini, but I eat already healthy food, lots of fresh veg and fruit as well as taking Multibionta complete vitamins daily. I also make homemade smoothies using fresh fruit.

I gave up smoking 3 yars ago and have to be honest and say, since giving up I've had one thing after another, whereas when I smoked I didn't even get a cold
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by rich c
I can sympathise! I've had an annoying cough/cold for a while now. Not bad enough to warrant any time off work or anything... I didn't sleep as well as usual last night, due to coughing like a several packets a day smoker! All the commiseration I got was "Shut up and go and get yourself a drink!"
Glad to hear Im not the only one (although not good for you obviously).
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 03:57 PM
aww steph i feel for you its not nice been run down and feeling like crap my son is down with this virus and its really made him misserable just wish it would go soon hope you feel better real soon
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 04:06 PM
You poor thing. Its a bad virus thats doing the rounds. All my family have it now. The local education authority in our area are ringing the schools to see how many children are off with it, as the symptoms are all the same. Are we sure we havent got bird flu here yet?