Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-03-2012, 11:41 PM

Public enemy#1

with all the breeds that are allowed in uk,which would be conciderd ,puplic,enemy#1...here, its the pit,whos next?,so to speek.italy has a long list.just wondering
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Well here it's the staffy or the rottie...totally unfounded in my opinion. My staffie Coco is a babe and so gentle...love her to bits....but people do cross the road when I'm walking her.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Staff /Rott/Gsd's to people of a certain age...
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-03-2012, 11:54 PM
is there any dog/thug relationship...thugs in my area tend to use,pitcrosses,
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Been seeing loads of the same types that gave the staffies and rotts a bad name now wandering around with American Bull Dogs so guessing it won't be long before they are on that list.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
is there any dog/thug relationship...thugs in my area tend to use,pitcrosses,
Staffies are public enemy number 1 and all though they are banned(the pit ball I mean) their are still a number of Pit balls confiscated every year.

They look a bit like pit balls and thats why the thugs like them. If they had taken time to look at the KC page it claims the staffie to be known as the Nanny dog for their love of children. Yet scores of papers constantly don't help their image by publishing stories about staffies mauling children, old ladies ect.

People who usually have staffies don't realise the responsibility they have as a dog owner and the owner of a strong breed and thats when they can become dangerous. Their are many more good staffie owners but right now no one is doing the breed any favours by posting stories about them attacking peopleeee.

Battersea Cats and dogs has been campaigning to improve the staffies image, they are a none profit, none goverment funded charity doing a lot of hard work (unlike the RSPCA and its fluffy dog image)
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Staffies are public enemy number 1 and all though they are banned(the pit ball I mean) their are still a number of Pit balls confiscated every year.

They look a bit like pit balls and thats why the thugs like them. If they had taken time to look at the KC page it claims the staffie to be known as the Nanny dog for their love of children. Yet scores of papers constantly don't help their image by publishing stories about staffies mauling children, old ladies ect.

People who usually have staffies don't realise the responsibility they have as a dog owner and the owner of a strong breed and thats when they can become dangerous. Their are many more good staffie owners but right now no one is doing the breed any favours by posting stories about them attacking peopleeee.

Battersea Cats and dogs has been campaigning to improve the staffies image, they are a none profit, none goverment funded charity doing a lot of hard work (unlike the RSPCA and its fluffy dog image)
You see pippam, this is why you get yourself in hot water.

The best piece of advice one could guive you is to proof read before posting.

Aside from all the tell tale typos such as "none profit", "none government", you have just written a post whereby you made a couple of completely ill advised sweeping generalisations, but, lucky for you on this occassion, you saved yourself at the last minute by the following sentences which contradicted and therefore corrected the one just made...

...viz: Staffies are public enemy number 1 and all though they are banned / (the pit ball I mean)

People who **usually** have staffies don't realise the responsibility / Their are many more good staffie owners but right now
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 08:22 AM
C'mon Karly, it's those dangerous Pitt balls again! Post the photo
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I see people with Staffies, Staff crosses, Rotties and various bull breeds and their crosses, adorned with leather jewellery and other accessories, but to be honest I never have a problem with these people or their dogs. They like their dogs to look a certain way - so do I. I've not had any issues with people and their 'status' dogs. Maybe it's just because I don't live in a city, we don't get much trouble from gangs etc. round here.

Bull breeds and now Akitas are popular with young men of a certain age (and often, background), just as Westies and Yorkshire terriers are popular with older ladies in this area. The Westies and Yorkies usually pose more of a problem.
SuperflyBadger
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2012, 10:47 AM
I have noticed an increase in Liverpool of Presa de Canario. Beautiful dogs! So big and strong. But I have started wondering if in the wrong hands (and unfortunately the ones I have seen are!) until they are on the banned list - through no fault of their own - but because of the irresponsible owners!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >