Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:20 PM

Physiotherapy for dogs

I have recently started to use the services of a physiotherapist for Cloud, who has seriously bad hip, hock, neck and spinal problems.

At first I was just pen minded. The first week I remained unconvinced but open minded. But amazingly, the second treatment, has indeed reaped REAL improvements and I continue the treatment with renewed hope for improving Clouds quality of life and longevity.

Anyone else had much experience of / have thought on Physio for dogs?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:24 PM
One of my dogs has physiotherapy, both have McTimoney Chiropractic visits every 3 months; they rarely need any treatment but as they are performance dogs, I like to avoid problems.

I have attended several seminars on physio/Bowen therapy/osteopathy/chiropractic and am a firm believer in their benefits for both humans and animals.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Tassle sees the chiropractor fairly often to help with her spinal issues.
We also used to see the Physio at hydrotherapy.

I have been to 4 different Chiropractors - all of whom have had different approaches.
Tassle is a good one to test as she does not like physical manipulation. She has been fine with 3 - even though 1 made me wince watching him work on her, however, she walked straight back to him. She Hated one woman and once she had worked on her would not walk back into the room, let alone the woman! The current one we see is a friend of mine, and she knows her anyway, although she used to get very stressed about her treatments, she has started to trust her more now and will accept the treatment without much fuss, she is quite happy to walk into the clinic as well.
It certainly helps her I am sure.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 09:11 PM
i worry bout chiro's

but Physio's hell yeah

worked with a brilliant one,and shadowed her (also had my own dog treated by her)

wanted to train as one for a while,didnt fancy the human aspect of the training tho..and it was most of it
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 10:07 PM
My M-I-L to be is a human Physio.

If it seems to work and Cloud is happier - then stick with it and glad to hear s/he's feeling better.