Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 08:19 PM

Can dogs eat scallops?

Paul brought some scallops home from a diving trip yesterday and cooked them tonight. I hate seafood, he liked the raw one he had yesterday but hated tonight's.....possibly because he had to do all the cutting business first. I was gagging doing all the cleaning up! I know we're philistines!

Can I stuff them in a kong and freeze them? There's only four.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I gather that as long as you don't feed vast amounts of them, they are absolutely fine.....they do need to be cooked though, and DON't include the orange bit.

Next time you have a surplus, please could I have them!!!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I gather that as long as you don't feed vast amounts of them, they are absolutely fine.....they do need to be cooked though, and DON't include the orange bit.

I know, we're rubbish! Apparently diver caught scallops will sell for £5 per scallop!

Well I gave Remus a tiny one....asked him to sit and he said 'I can't possibly remember how to do that sorry'...let him have a sniff of the scallop and his bum hit the ground before I could even say sit again!

I soaked up the juices oil and butter with some bread and stuffed that in a kong with a scallop each. Will give it to them in her morning with the hope that if it gives them the squits or makes them sick they'll do it before night time!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 09:17 PM
One scallop should be fine...........a whole plateful might cause problems!!

Yes, diver caught scallops must be worth a fortune and there you are trying not to heave as you look at them!!!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 09:32 PM
One scallop should be fine...........a whole plateful might cause problems!!

Yes, diver caught scallops must be worth a fortune and there you are trying not to heave as you look at them!!!!
God just the thought of them again is making me heave! I tried one teeny tiny slice ...the texture was better than I expect.....not pleasant ...but better.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I know, we're rubbish! Apparently diver caught scallops will sell for £5 per scallop!

Well I gave Remus a tiny one....asked him to sit and he said 'I can't possibly remember how to do that sorry'...let him have a sniff of the scallop and his bum hit the ground before I could even say sit again!

I soaked up the juices oil and butter with some bread and stuffed that in a kong with a scallop each. Will give it to them in her morning with the hope that if it gives them the squits or makes them sick they'll do it before night time!
You're not rubbish - scallops are! I hate them too! I doubt they will hurt a dog... as most seafood won't. Especially since your dogs are large and you don't have many of them.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 06:43 AM
W have tonnes of cookery programmes over here and one of the biggest is Master Chef....and everybody seems to cook scallops! All the time! And the judges don't ever seem to get bored of them!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Scallops are lush hand dived scallops on a pea cream with bacon icecream and parmesan foam Heaven! I lurve poncy food me
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Scallops are lush hand dived scallops on a pea cream with bacon icecream and parmesan foam Heaven! I lurve poncy food me
I have never eaten scallops [or bacon] so have no idea what they taste like, but that concoction sounds
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 08:34 AM

Or me, please, please
I love them, I could eat them all day everyday, especially with a bit of black pudding, or bacon, or a waffle to soak up the juice.
I am literally dribbling here
My neighbour is a trawler owner and one of his boats is a scalloper, I often make him a cake in exchange for scallops straight off the boat, dribble dribble!
Oh btw the orange bit, the roe is the best bit, well for humans anyway!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >