View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Yeah Lynn, makes me wonder how they would cope with a real issue, it's like the kids my cousin is at college with...she's early 30's and they are 17, she has had a real bad life, violent father, getting blamed for the marriage breakdown of her parents, eating disorder, rape victim and she is trying to rebuild her life...then you have these girls who are rowing over vocals on some want to be record producer (read boy with a mic and laptop in his bedroom) and all she said he said..i just stood there and looked and thought wonder how you are going to cope in the real world when you need to earn a living, get along with colleagues and actually be responsible
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
It's like all this nonsense with the train stations doing away with the anouncement ladies and gentlemen for fear of offending the trans community...well duh, they are more offended now Lol...i think people are just too sensitive and really need to get a grip...sorry for the rant! ad sorry if i offended anyone
Oh Griffy, right on there I was annoyed about that train statement and thinking of writing in saying I will not use their service UNLESS they acknowledge me as Gentleman

I put a laughing icon but it is IMO a serious matter, how can a tiny minority dictate to the majority what is appropriate.

I can't see how your post could offend anyone so don't worry about that.

I'm not up to speed with the shoes story, probably good thing or I would be ranting away also

Had a nice walk with dogs, lovely weather and SWMBO was able to come as well (Her arthritus quite often prevents her from walking very far)
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Hello all
Will have to catch up, cos not heard anything about rants about clarks shoes. But I agree people need to get a grip.
Today me & Lauryn went into muffin break, as we'd done 2 mums came in with toddlers, one of them ordered a milkshake, the girl came & put it on table. The mum went mad cos she'd put it in front of her child I do wonder sometimes. Proper over reacted. Even her mate looked across at me & rolled her eyes.
Been to hospital, not got to go back for a year. But when my sick note runs out on the 31st I've got to ask for another for 4 weeks. She said I'm not to go back yet. And reminded me I won't be fully healed for a year!
Griff the train announcement thing is rediculous! I'd tell that bloke directly I think
Glad swmbo managed to come out with you today, I'm looking forward to decent walks again with Rosie.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Nice SWMBO came for a walk today Harvey.
Good news Mandy about the hospital.

Goodness what is the world coming to poor girl just doing her job.

The clarks shoes debacle is some councillor Greenwich was looking online for school shoes. The name of the girls shoes Dolly babes boys Leader. Ar the children going to to remember the name of the shoes in years to come I certainly don't. If you have a tomboy then buy her the boys shoes that's what happened when I was young.
Ridiculous to about the train station announcement. I have heard also about some women not acknowledging a gentleman holding open a door why ??? I think it's amazing a man holding a door open or offering a seat. It's how we brought our boys up. I'm not against feminism but honestly get it in proportion.
Also wanting to ban builders wolf whistling a pretty girl. maybe I'm old fashioned but I really do not see the harm.

Rant over.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 07:51 PM
I totally agree with you Lynn, someone wolf whistling is no different to women eying up men! And doors being held open is just good manners.
Been looking at university for Lauryn, but she's not decided what she actually wants to do, wether to go or go down the apprenticeship route. Luckily she's got another year at college lol
Rosie was happy when we got in cos we bought treats
Spoilt I know
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I'm looking forward to decent walks again with Rosie.
But please don't rush it, it's a big op you've had, sounds like all going well but short walks for a few months I would think is best
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2017, 07:58 PM
A little tail from today.
My good deed for the day......
I went to the local convenience store. Outside, I met an elderly lady with a tiny dog. Her house fronts on to a quite busy road and there is a bus stop nearby. She is fearful of going round by the front because of the yobs at the bus stop and because one of her previous dogs was savaged to death by a big dog there. So I, and Big Max, walked her and the little dog to their front gate.

All good. But a couple of things made me ponder. I don't know if she knew me from Adam......maybe my dog was a clue. Everyone locally seems to know him. And she was happy to have us along.

Dunno. Max has a gentle demeanour and maybe that's what makes people and other dogs comfortable with him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Goodness what is the world coming to poor girl just doing her job.

The clarks shoes debacle is some councillor Greenwich was looking online for school shoes. The name of the girls shoes Dolly babes boys Leader. Are the children going to to remember the name of the shoes in years to come I certainly don't. If you have a tom boy then buy her the boys shoes that's what happened when I was young.
Ridiculous to about the train station announcement. I have heard also about some women not acknowledging a gentleman holding open a door why ??? I think it's amazing a man holding a door open or offering a seat. It's how we brought our boys up. I'm not against feminism but honestly get it in proportion.
Also wanting to ban builders wolf whistling a pretty girl. maybe I'm old fashioned but I really do not see the harm.

Rant over.
It is a mad world Lynn, no doubt about it. Media make it worse by blowing up a story and now we're in the digital age it gets spread around so fast, not right at all, people are just muppets (Those that don't have the benefit of a dog that is ) Thanks for taking the time to explain the Clarks shoe thing. I suppose I could have looked it up but frankly I have better things to do

Much more pleasing for me is to see you have a plan (ref. the house) and it sounds like a good one. Worst case scenario is you don't move 'till early 2018 but that is not far off, bet you someone mentions the 'C' word before three weeks are out

A 23 year old man has been arrrested for that terrible murder in Thetford forrest near East Harling. Someone we met today said she had seen him (the victim) a few times in Knettishal Heath where we usually take Casey and Lara. I'm thinking that this has all the hallmarks of a drug addict crime.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2017, 08:28 PM
That was a nice thing to do Beseoker. You and max.

Harvey he was a local to where the elderly man lived that committed that crime bet he had been watching that elderly chap. Apparently the elderly chap had been to the post office wonder if he had withdrawn cash. Not long after that scum murdered him.
I did say to Gorden whether the house had been ransacked to.
glad they have him and hope he gets the book thrown at him. Somewhat doubt it though.

yes a plan is indeed in place not going quick enough for me though.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Mandy, great news about the hospital but i echo what has been said...still take it steady!!
Awww Harvey, how nice having your Mrs along for the walk
Spent some time with one of the rescue dogs, he has a new home to go to...good job as i am very taken with him!! He is bright as anything, we have learnt sit, lie, stay, come turn left and right and he will fetch a toy and recall to me, he has learnt to do his gun dog finish and also learnt to creep lol all this in 2hours, he gives the most wonderful kisses too lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >