Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 06:05 AM

Daily Thread, Monday August 14th

Morning all
Wide awake again at silly o'clock so spent hours watching TV. Went for a beer last night, found out one of the young lads had killed himself...such a shame, my mate who i went out to see refuses to go in the club now but nipped in quickly to see me, i then ended up in my local and was getting chatted up by someone i have never and will never fancy...this has been going on for 20 odd years but I am beginning to find it a bit uncomfortable...i don't think i will be going in the pub for quite a bit....i don't want to hurt the fellas feelings but if it carries on i will just have to be blunt
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 06:30 AM
Good morning Griff and all to follow. Nothing like unwelcomed attention to make you feel uncomfortable. Have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Good morning Griff, Moyra and all who follow

Tell him where to go Griff why should you be chased out of somewhere just because of him.

Lovely morning here so washing out and just about to take Teazle out. Then a bit of shopping and out to lunch.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Enjoy your day Sue.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Morning all, hope you all have a good day.

Sue, I'm glad you have got sunshine it is pouring here
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 12:04 PM
we have had rain but for the moment it is dry!! fingers crossed it lasts
Sue, you are right, i shouldn't let it stop me going in but i really don't have to want to say anything to him...i have tried to make it quite plain in the past but obviously it has had no effect, the bloke is 54 as well so not a young lad.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 01:14 PM
right, the sunshine is still here...just watching red rock and i will make a dash for it into the garden...how quick will the rain come back i wonder??
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Afternoon griff, Sue, Moyra, Nippy Jen and all who follow.

Pleasant day here today. Been on a long walk with dillon round the village this morning then off to Giraffe for breakfast and Tesco and B&Q. Got he beading to finish off the panelling in downstairs bathroom skirting board to wide. All cut now being painted to fix almost there with that room. Been experimenting with some tester pots for bits that need touching up in the living room think I've got it. May need doing but hoping not a wash down the walls with some sugar soap may do the trick hopefully.
Hallway will need painting due to stairs being changed.
Plus some skirting board needed out there due to taking off the radiator when Gorden added a turned step or two when levelling the staircase.
We are aiming to get it valued before he goes back to work beginning September then we can let Paul and Beth know the value and what we can accept. Give them some time to sell paul's mum's flat and if no movement on that by christmas sit tight then market it spring 2018. Somewhat behind for what I hoped but the fiddly jobs take the longest.

Feeling really annoyed today over all the bloomin clarks rants about girls shoes and boys shoes. Goodness knows what some of these people would do if they had real problems.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Lynn i totally misread tht as you had had Giraffe for breakfast Lol...i fear for myself sometimes!!
Hopefully Beth and Paul will sell his mums flat, the retirement places here go quite quickly so fingers crossed!
Couldn't agree more about the shoes thing, with all the sh&t goig on in the world, people really need to get a grip and to be fair, the little girls shoes do look like the shoes that used to be on my Dolls. It's like all this nonsense with the train stations doing away with the anouncement ladies and gentlemen for fear of offending the trans community...well duh, they are more offended now Lol...i think people are just too sensitive and really need to get a grip...sorry for the rant! ad sorry if i offended anyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Like giraffes griff but couldn't eat a whole one.
Hope that hasn't offended anyone.

Gorden said to me let it go but I do sometimes feel how on earth would or will people cope with real tragedy or problems.
I mean if that's all they have to worry about in life then they should be grateful.
Does my head in sometimes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >