Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
poisondwarf
New Member!
Female 

28-09-2010, 06:46 PM

First meal, but was it enough?

Domino was fed two chicken wings for tea, and woofed them down, though I made sure she didn't bolt them.

Wow but the bone crunches can be quite wince inducing and kids sqealed a bit at the grossness, but soon happy to watch her munch. Each was chewed. Now watching her happily chill. Making sure no signs of pain, vomit etc as warned to be watchful of.

However, is that enough?

She's looked for more, then settled down. Going to only feed her chicken for two weeks, to make sure no allergy issues with her delicate belly. Then on to other stuff.

Thank you Joanne for feeding chart, found it really helpful. Just wanting to cover all bases.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 06:55 PM
My collies would only get a wing each (one is around 16kg, the other is 28kg but is a fat lazy biffa so he's rationed) but my pointer would get 2 or 3 (32kg) in one meal.

It depends how much your dog exercises, how much they weigh and also was the dog already fed previously in the day? The skin of a chicken is quite high in fat too but I guess you will just have to play it by eye and keep a check on her weight.

I will always opt for underfeeding as I like my dogs lean and it's also easier to give them a bit extra food if they are thinning than it is to shift excess weight.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 11:14 PM
i would give Jake (25kg) 2 or 3, but i also would rather underfeed than overfeed.