Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-09-2012, 06:27 PM

Apple invitation all but confirms next week’s iPhone 5 announcement

After months of speculation, countless hardware leaks and more rumours than you can shake a stick at, Apple finally released an invitation to their next iPhone announcement. On September 12th, at the the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, Apple will take the wraps off their latest and greatest smartphone.
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/...-announcement/
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2012, 06:58 PM
YAWN.

Can't you tell I'm revited. Not digging at the poster at all. I just don't understand the mania when an iphone/ipad comes out.

Technophobe that I am.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
yippee i am happy my current iPhone 4 contract runs til december so all the who ha will have died down and i will get an decent upgrade
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm due an upgrade next month and swithering between iphone and android........
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I saw something along these lines a few days ago and posted a 'rant' on the most popular social media site. You know the one. Anyway, I'll replicate it here. IMHO, Iphone vs Android = choose Android because:

"So, there's a little time to pause and reflect before the consumerism feeding frenzy commences. Remember there are alternatives that offer you, the user, more freedom and probably have better technical specifications. Apple seem unable to compete on the basis of the merits of their products, preferring to take their competitors to court to stop them from selling coparable devices."
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
I saw something along these lines a few days ago and posted a 'rant' on the most popular social media site. You know the one. Anyway, I'll replicate it here. IMHO, Iphone vs Android = choose Android because:

"So, there's a little time to pause and reflect before the consumerism feeding frenzy commences. Remember there are alternatives that offer you, the user, more freedom and probably have better technical specifications. Apple seem unable to compete on the basis of the merits of their products, preferring to take their competitors to court to stop them from selling coparable devices."
Unless you need to use accessability features such as screene readers, magnification or reverse contrast, I don't believe Android can compete as of yet. It's one area in which the iPhone, scratch that, almost all Apple products do extremely well, and in which others need to follow.

I don't care what phone people have, whatever suits them.

Must be nice to have the choice though.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-09-2012, 01:32 PM
My phone is up for an upgrade next month, wont be touching an iphone though lol. I'm dithering between the HTC one X and the Galaxy S3. My phone is my one vice lol. I don't drink, smoke, go out etc, but I do need a phone to be able to contact hubby at any time if I take bad, and I use it for when I am away from home to access the net. So I try and get a nice one. But as I've been with Orange for so long now I do get pretty decent customer loyalty discount which enables me to have a better spec phone than I could afford
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I've recently had an iphone, HTC Desire and now I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note. IMO nothing comes close to the Samsung, it is incredible! The other 2 were good phones, but this one is superb!

The iphone was good, but I couldn't do with the fuss (and expense) of downloading music. With the samsung it's a one step direct download that's totally free. The samsung has all the apps I want/need and they are all free!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I have a Samsung just now for personal use, and an iPhone 4 for work. I can't decide which I prefer, both have pros and cons!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Blackberry user here . I know people who have Iphones and love them, and i know people who have Samsungs and love them. All i can say, is that Apple are very good at marketing

Helen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >