Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2012, 01:47 PM

Technical prob. google v IE

I downloaded google chrome some time ago. I transferred all my bookmarks over and found it much quicker than IE. I then found that my Kindle book downloads went to a different place and not my desktop which irritated me but wasn't a major problem (they were in downloads). However, when I tried to download stuff from Utube I wasn't given the option to anymore. i.e. on the top rh corner of the utube screen, nothing appeared and I couldn't highlight the http thingy (by now you can tell I'm the village idiot I guess) BUT when I went back into IE everything was fine again, my kindle books went to my desktop and I had the option to download from Utube again. I have just been switching back and forth since then but am finding problems with IE so really would like everything to go through google chrome but how do I make that happen? I have made google my default but still have to switch to IE to use Kindle and Utube in the original way. Any ideas please and in very simple language if you don't mind....... thanks. x
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Different browsers have different strengths & weaknesses. Don't worry too much about using both!

Having said that, I'm sure the download destination in Chrome can be changed in the user options/settings/preferences somewhere. As for the downloading youtube clips thing, I'd guess there's a plugin/addon involved there somewhere. Chances are a bit of searching will turn up something.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
Different browsers have different strengths & weaknesses. Don't worry too much about using both!

Having said that, I'm sure the download destination in Chrome can be changed in the user options/settings/preferences somewhere. As for the downloading youtube clips thing, I'd guess there's a plugin/addon involved there somewhere. Chances are a bit of searching will turn up something.
thanks, not very good at the searching thing, tend to b...r stuff up if I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. Maybe I'll just keep using both, sounds simpler.....