View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sueann
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Hooray!!!! (see me doing victory dance!)

My previous thread was all about my Staffy and what I was going to do when hubby and I went o/s for holidays.
After much angst, Bundy had his first day stay at the RSPCA kennels today.
He was fine. I took one of his blankets and his favourite chew toy and he was there for about 6 hrs.
He whinged a little bit when I left but quickly settled so the very nice kennel lady told me.
Fortunately he was very happy to see me (otherwise I would have been upset!! )
They (the dogs) take turns in the play area which has toys and stuff in it. I noticed while I was there dropping Bundy off, there was a dog in one of the play areas and several people who were walking past stopped to talk to him which I thought was nice.
He's going for another day next week and then we might try a weekend.
But when I came home this morning, it was so quiet and lonely!! It reminded me of that first day when both my kids were at school.... the silence is deafening.
Which is very odd because he makes very little noise!
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 01:36 PM
It's always a worry on how your dog will settle while on holiday abroad.Luckily your Dog is coping with the kennels so far.I am fortunate enough to know a lady whose house my dog Timbah stays at while we go on holiday.He enjoys it and gets spoiled while he is there
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Thats great it looks like you have found a solution and you will be able to go away with peace of mind