View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:53 PM
I know our bills would be a lot cheaper if we could get the Sky TV, phone and broadband deal, but it isn't available in our area
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I will have to learn how to find and watch things online, but it's not quite the same on a laptop is it.
Depending on what TV you have, you can buy leads that hook the computer to the TV so you can watch stuff you can get via the computer on the TV.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 10:34 AM
I just have Freesat. I find if there`s something I really want to see I can usually find it somewhere. Life is too short to be tied to a TV.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I've just realised that all those lovely old sitcoms on Gold will be unavailable toooooooo
Oh Sally, a fellow addict

TBH I have considered binning Sky as well, I'm not a great fan of of the Murdochs but Sky is only 40% owned by them and they have given up on buying the remainder (Yes I know the son is the CEO)

We don't pay for all the sport and films but at £21 a month it still 'feels' expensive to me and the only reason I've not cancelled so far is 'cos I also like my GOLD sitcoms (Most of them anyway )

When do you watch them I like to watch when I'm having my dinner, eating and laughing at the same time seems to be my ultimate happiness mode
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
We have the sky+ HD, and he is replacing it with freeview HD. I am not happy. Do you have sport and films for that price??
Sally, I wonder if you can get ITV 3 with Freeview, that is almost the same as GOLD (but different sitcoms of course.)

We also both enjoy F1 and I'm mad that it won't be available for free next year, don't know what I'm going to do about that 'cos I don't feel like paying more than the £21 a month we currently pay.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
Don't quote me (as I do not want to get your hopes up) but I thought Gold was on freeview too.
No sorry GOLD is not on Freeview, I'm not sure if ITV 3 (the GOLD equivalent) is on Freeview, I can get ITV3 on my mobile satellite TV but that is not the same as Freeview.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Also what's happening to F1? I thought the Sky channel was just an added extra? Will it not be shown on terrestrial at all???
Well my understanding was that some of the races will be shown on BBC1 plus highlights from the others, but only on Sky Sport F1 channel will ALL the races plus the practice and qualifying and all the other stuff be shown.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
We talk about getting rid of sky often, but the truth is we just couldn't do without it, especially not after this week (I had a lumbar puncture a week ago today and it all went a bit wrong leaving me with a severe low pressure headache) I've been bedridden until 2 days ago, I couldn't have coped without my sky....I feel I got my entire year's money's worth just this week!

Can you not convince him to give up something else, like, food?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I will have to learn how to find and watch things online, but it's not quite the same on a laptop is it.
Sally, be grateful you still have that option, most of the BBC is restricted to UK on line, as soon as I try to log in here it recognises my URL as NOT located in UK and for licence and copyright reasons it won't allow it.

I can get all the UK radio staions 'tho except when BBC Radio Suffolk is broadcasting live coverage of Ipswich football matches when the same thing applies (Was never a real fan of Ipswich but thought I would listen in occassionaly just to hear how far down they were headed )
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I was very miserable when we canceled Sky, but we manage quite well without it really.

I use watch series on the net for any programs I can't get
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >