View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I know what you mean, but sometimes the simple pleasures are the most missed! We have the whole package, and we only watch the channels that would be on freeview anyway and sports and movies. And at that we don't even watch a huge amount of telly. We are on a special deal so when the year is up... we will probably be downgrading/leaving too. Don't quote me (as I do not want to get your hopes up) but I thought Gold was on freeview too.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Manyana13 View Post
Oh really? I didn't know that it wasn't permanent. What a cheek of them!
My friend (whom we refer to as Knock Off Nigel) likes to randomly ohone up companies threatening to leave and he always gets money off. I know he rang Sky and I'm sure they dropped his price permenantely? I'm sure if you were to ring up again threatening to leave they'd do something to keep you???
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i am seriously considering getting rid of ours we pay £60 per month and thats our basic tv phone and broadband but I barely watch it - I watch greys anatomy on living and stuff on sky 1 but thats about it.

Hubby watches the f1 but even that is going weird for this year so he will only get some of them anyway... am contemplating moving to virgin or free view plus as I cannot lose my pause and rewind feature cos i love that !!!
You must have a few extra packages as I have the basic Sky TV package with 3 add ons (music, home and one other), the Broadband and Telephone package and I only pay £40 a month. Mind you I don't have any of the Sports or Movies so that might be why?

Also what's happening to F1? I thought the Sky channel was just an added extra? Will it not be shown on terrestrial at all???
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:23 PM
We watch most things on the internet, eversuffering gets the footy, bike racing and F1 and dosent pay for any of it. BUT I still have a basic Sky package for some stuff especially animal progs...although we did watch a brill wolf prog on the internet the other night.

Just Google for it, plug the PC into the TV and voilą
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't watch much TV and what I do watch tends to be on BBC/ITV.

Hubby watches quite a bit of Sky but we only have the basic plus a couple of others (not sport - neither of us are into it much or movies which I think is overpriced for the films to be endlessly re-run).

When the Sky box finally gives up the ghost, we'll probably change to a freesat box and not bother with the rest of it and that'll only be for the ease of recording
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:32 PM
We have basic sky package and have two boxes in two rooms, so pay extra for additional box

I couldnt do without sky one, living, universal, syfy, nat geographical, animal planet...... Need I go on... Seriously though I keep it for syfy.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:34 PM
i am seriously considering getting rid of ours we pay £60 per month and thats our basic tv phone and broadband but I barely watch it - I watch greys anatomy on living and stuff on sky 1 but thats about it.

Hubby watches the f1 but even that is going weird for this year so he will only get some of them anyway... am contemplating moving to virgin or free view plus as I cannot lose my pause and rewind feature cos i love that !!!
We are now having Freeview plus apparently. The aerial chappie who came to give a quote today, and advice (grrr grrr grrr, he was on husband's side natch) said that we could get some of the sports stuff if we went with BT and got a card, and paid so much a month etc. etc., but husband was having none of it. What really got me was that after it was all done, Sky cancelled.....aerial and freeview+ HD box ordered etc. etc., hubby then came over all remorseful, saying that he felt a bit mean; I then had to grit my teeth and assure him that it really didn't matter!!!

All this because he has a major downer on Murdoch. Heaven help me if he gets the same attitude about the wine industry.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
My friend (whom we refer to as Knock Off Nigel) likes to randomly ohone up companies threatening to leave and he always gets money off. I know he rang Sky and I'm sure they dropped his price permenantely? I'm sure if you were to ring up again threatening to leave they'd do something to keep you???

You must have a few extra packages as I have the basic Sky TV package with 3 add ons (music, home and one other), the Broadband and Telephone package and I only pay £40 a month. Mind you I don't have any of the Sports or Movies so that might be why?

Also what's happening to F1? I thought the Sky channel was just an added extra? Will it not be shown on terrestrial at all???
i think BBC only have some of the races or something don't they ?? I don't know have to admit to not really listening to hubby when he drones on about it LOL

i have basic sky with kids channels, documentaries but no movies or sports?? don't have music channels or news etc.. not sure which package that is?
We have the unlimited broadband and phone so with calls its usually about £60 per month.

i did call up previously about 9 or so months ago and threaten to leave and they reduced my costs but its shot back up again. I am tempted just to get rid as I can watch most of it online so don't really know why I bother, although would never hear the end of it from Luca and hubby.....
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
We have basic sky package and have two boxes in two rooms, so pay extra for additional box

I couldnt do without sky one, living, universal, syfy, nat geographical, animal planet...... Need I go on... Seriously though I keep it for syfy.
Just stop it!!!! I had forgotten about those
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:39 PM
i think BBC only have some of the races or something don't they ?? I don't know have to admit to not really listening to hubby when he drones on about it LOL

i have basic sky with kids channels, documentaries but no movies or sports?? don't have music channels or news etc.. not sure which package that is?
We have the unlimited broadband and phone so with calls its usually about £60 per month.

i did call up previously about 9 or so months ago and threaten to leave and they reduced my costs but its shot back up again. I am tempted just to get rid as I can watch most of it online so don't really know why I bother, although would never hear the end of it from Luca and hubby.....
F1 is sort of split half and half, but the Beeb don't seem to have the best races sadly - Sky have bagged those, which didn't matter until today's developments Unfortunately, the package which includes Sport is the most expensive one. I sympathise with your husband!!! F1 should be totally on the BBC because they do it so well

I will have to learn how to find and watch things online, but it's not quite the same on a laptop is it.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2012, 11:51 PM
actually i don't know that i could cope without universal either lol
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »