Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Wet food advice

Ok so sammy was on skinners field and trial kibbles and wainwrights wet trays and ended up being to rich for him and he got the squits and a bit sick, now he's just on the plain kibbles skinners still but he's very fickly about eating his full meals, the only way he'll eat it all is by grating cheese in or chicken or a bit of gravy, now my question is would chappie wet food be ok for his sensative stomach or would it set him off again. any advice is very gratefull.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 06:05 PM
you wont know until u try but tinned chappie is bland and low fat so a good one to try...exp if its just as a flavourer
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
you wont know until u try but tinned chappie is bland and low fat so a good one to try...exp if its just as a flavourer
Thanx Tupacs hun i was hoping you would reply to me will get some this week, trust me to get a fussy eating dog lol.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
Thanx Tupacs hun i was hoping you would reply to me will get some this week, trust me to get a fussy eating dog lol.
..remember a healthy dog will not starve itself..u may be making a rod for your own back...have u tried the '10 min rule'?
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
..remember a healthy dog will not starve itself..u may be making a rod for your own back...have u tried the '10 min rule'?
ah tupacs hun ive tried alsorts, he's supposed to be on 150g 3 times a day but he leaves some and some days he'll only have 2 meals, i just dont want him loosing weight or getting poorly because he's a fussy ******. sometimes you'd wish they could actually talk.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I can vouch for Chappie too when my dogs have got sick or had diarrhea and I've just gone for it, none of this slowly changing over, I've just changed and all was well. One of my dogs has been diagnosed with a sensitive tum and she's been fine on it, although I've started adding Wainwright's trays into the equasion and weaned her back off the Chappie now and so far so good. All the best, it can get to be quite a nightmare can't it.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Wainwrights do a lower fat diet in their wet food trays, I've always used it & it doesn't upset Harvey
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I can vouch for Chappie too when my dogs have got sick or had diarrhea and I've just gone for it, none of this slowly changing over, I've just changed and all was well. One of my dogs has been diagnosed with a sensitive tum and she's been fine on it, although I've started adding Wainwright's trays into the equasion and weaned her back off the Chappie now and so far so good. All the best, it can get to be quite a nightmare can't it.
cheers helena hun going to get a tin and try him on it, hopefully it wont bother his stomach.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Yes your dog may be better on a diet which has more fibre than protein and fat if you feel that it is the protein and/or fat that is too "rich" for him.

In this regard Wainwrights would be better than both Natures Harvest and Naturediet, both of which have a higher protein and oil/fat content than Wainwrights.

Although of course if you add grated cheese to the food that negates the choice as it is high in protein and fat.

And of course Chappies is even lower in both if I remember rightly, the main disadvantage of Chappie is that the ingredients change according to market forces so you never know what they are eating.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes your dog may be better on a diet which has more fibre than protein and fat if you feel that it is the protein and/or fat that is too "rich" for him.

In this regard Wainwrights would be better than both Natures Harvest and Naturediet, both of which have a higher protein and oil/fat content than Wainwrights.

Although of course if you add grated cheese to the food that negates the choice as it is high in protein and fat.

And of course Chappies is even lower in both if I remember rightly, the main disadvantage of Chappie is that the ingredients change according to market forces so you never know what they are eating.
thanx smokey hun yeah been looking at the wainwrights 35% less fat one that velvet said, so im thinking of getting him a couple of packets to try, so if the ingredients in skinners field and trial and normal wainwrights upset him would the 35% less fat one not upset his stomach, dont think i can see him go through the squits again poor thing was poorly last time.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >