View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zara's_Momma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 09:20 PM
That doesn't look/sound right to me. The wound hasn't healed well at all, I would be back at a different vet if I were you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the skin should be poking out of the stitches like that, if you get what I mean!
Zara also had an umbilical hernia when she was a pup, it was 'tucked in' when she was spayed, rather than removed. When she came home, the wound was perfectly clean, no blood (other than a couple of spots where she was shaved) and the stitches were very clean.

Good luck with your girl, I hope everything is sorted soon.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Its a mess but I have seen similar.

Is she swollen---it looks like she might be. That does happen sometimes, Etta was huge for weeks after.

It looks as if they have left a gap for the infectioon to ooze out of rather than putting a drain in. It will be smelly for ages---I have been there!

I wouldn't worry about the tidyness as it will eventually sort out and heal over. It does look a bit raw though----if you are worried do the 2nd opinion.

Our vet doesn't charge for continuing treatment from an op--seems odd.

rune
Missy G
New Member!
Female 

14-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi guys many thanks for your replies and concerns,
just an update to say Ellie is healing really well now,I done some research and bathed the area in cool salty boiled water, and it seemed to work wonders , I took her to the vets Wednesday just gone -12 days after her op and the vet is really pleased how the scars looking, he didnt take the stiches out then as he said she has had quite a slow recovery ...he put it down to her being a boustress dog ??? Well ok,but any how appointment on Monday and hopefully stitches out too.
So much happier now ,I left her E collar off today and let her out in the garden , she started to run round the garden like a head less chicken,the little monkey,I screached at her to get in and put the collar back on before she burst a stitch, I so dont want that happening now we got this far ah

Oh and the after care apparently I can claim back from my insurance company, but doesnt seem worth it really when I have to pay a excess of £60, never mind atleast I dont have to worry the bill going to go up any higher anymore now.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Wonderful news! Now get some sleep and stop
worrying
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Lovely news to hear that she is on the mend, and obviously feeling much better.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2