Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2013, 06:28 AM

Another seizure for Pereg on Day 19

Pereg had another Grand Mal seizure at 5.30am [three hours ago] - the same time as the last one 19 days ago. It is 12 days since I reduced her 3pm Phenobarbitone dose from 100mg to 80mg so I do not think that the reduction was the cause of the seizure as she only went 12 days the last time - the time before being only 8 days. The next reduction is due for 11pm on Monday as Ram and I decided on reducing it every two weeks.

She was very dopy when she came out of the seizure and has been sleeping most of the time since then, although she did ask to go out about half an hour ago, so I am hoping that she sleeps off her normal nagging post-ictal behaviour and also that she keeps it as a single episode, as I want to keep to the plan of slowly reducing her Pb to what it was in April.

I now have all the bed linen to wash - I did the two lightweight quilted summer blankets as soon as I got the bed stripped and one is now in the dryer - the other will go in when the first one is dry as they are too bulky to go in together although they both fit in the washing machine, and the bottom sheet, under sheet and quilted mattress cover are now in the machine. The duvet cover has been dumped in the shower room and can wait until tomorrow.

Poor Pereg - I hate this horrid epilepsy with a vengeance. SIGH
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Sorry to hear this Malka. What with the mud and the washing and now this and the worry it is a very trying time for you.
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hope Pereg feels better soon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Malka, so sorry and she was doing so well too. Hope she is back to normal soon and you can get some more rest.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 08:38 AM
sorry Malka.(( hugs)) to you both xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-12-2013, 08:41 AM
She dozed for another hour, had a wander around to see where I was [in the bedroom trying to sort out the bed] then wanted to go out for another pee, then sat in the sunshine for a bit before coming in and starting to nag. So I gave her a massive shinbone [at least I think that is what is is] and is gnawing away. There is very little meat on it but she is taking her post-ictal energy and frustration out on it so hopefully she will not start nagging for food too soon.

Of course she has taken if off the large piece of oilcloth where she has her chicken carcasses etc but the carpet is already rather muddy so a few more marks will not make much difference and I have some excellent cleaning stuff.

I am exhausted but will not be able to have a rest today. I am just praying that it was a one-off but then who knows.

And to think that yesterday I very nearly put the duvet on the bed!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm really sorry Malka. It's strange, I had a dream last night that Loki had a fit. Let's hope she has no more. x
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear this humunguuuuuuus hugs to you both
Do hope it's just a one off
Take care xxxxx
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Big hugs to your lovely girl!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-12-2013, 09:53 AM
She is still flat on the floor attacking that bone [which must be a femur not a shin bone] demolishing one of the knuckle ends and moving both it and herself around the middle of the room - leaving tiny bits of bone in her wake. But as long as she is quiet it should give her brain time to settle down.

Linda, it is strange that you should have dreamed that Loki had a sz - when you said yesterday about your bad day and things coming in threes I thought oh no, not Loki being the third one, but then thought that it is not long since his last episode so he should not be due. So when Pereg's GM woke me somehow I was half expecting it.

I think that is why I did not put the duvet on the bed yesterday evening - that will have to wait until I can get a spare one out. But at least she did not crash onto the floor this time.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »