View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Just had come in my tesco order a first aid kit for classes. Amazing value for a fiver. It is called autocare redline. Lg it didn't deserve a response. Used to you now. TT chase is on. I would imagine there are a lot of virgins having problems somewhere. Lol!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Curses - foiled again! Will have to change tack!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
It is a well know fact that when the fairer sex subject themselves to stress and the rigours of life, their brains (being smaller than those of the male) find it very hard to cope.
I have told you before, us blokes are outrageously outnumbered here Gordon, I once perused the membership list and I make it about 99 to 1 now I know your former employers were fearless and did amazing things in all manor of conflicts around the world but this is odds that even they wouldn't look at take cover is all I can say

Edit :-
Ref your talk of sheep a while back. Yes even I (who knows 'nowt 'bout sheep) could work out that Autumn was not the best time. So one would have thought the locals could do the same. but mostly they were were a dozy lot and in addition many of them were not farmers.

Closest to us were weekenders one worked in a garage and the other a semi retired builder both of them were often away several weekdays and so couldn't see to their feed and watering yet they still thought they could make a go of it I discussed it with SWMBO but she wouldn't say anything to them and my language skills were not up to the job so they just plowed on regardless

I was upset when one winter the builder guy was away for the whole week and one of his sheep died, we had minus 20C and the water he left out frooze solid and it almost certainly died of thirst not cold.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2016, 06:49 PM
That is so very sad and terrible, Harvey. I don't think its too much to ask for people to use their brains when they take on any responsibilities like animals or kids for that matter, sadly most people don't and couldn't care less
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Harvey - I have no doubt at all as to the sagacity of your words, for was it not Mr Kipling (Author not Cakes) who wrote "rent him tooth and nail, for the female of the species is much deadlier than the male!"
Deadlier - yes!
Brighter - no!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Lol LG, you are a cheeky one you!!!
got sports relief bake off on...you would at least have a crack at baking something before you went on...that chris Kamara Lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
That is so very sad and terrible, Harvey. I don't think its too much to ask for people to use their brains when they take on any responsibilities like animals or kids for that matter, sadly most people don't and couldn't care less
Yes June, were not talking machines here but living creatures whatever form they take.

This guy was not well endowed in the brains dept. I could tell you many stories about him, one which I still think about concerns the wall at the bottom of the garden, I think I've mentioned we were on the side of a hill, at the bottom was an old wall and a small stream and a track which led up to his house. In 2004 when we moved in he came round and wanted to re-build part of the wall to stop the track being covered with earth from our garden which was comming through the wall. Now the people who originally built the wall in 1920 used massive stone blocks each must have weighed 200 Kgs at least, this guy thought he & I could just re-position the blocks of stone I tried to explain to him that we needed some mechanical help if we were going to lift those huge stone blocks. After wasting hours trying to get this simple fact across he eventually went away Six months latter we got a contractor in with a JCB type thingy and six Arnie Schwarzeneger look alikes and they did the job
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Do you know, the stupidity of some people astounds me...there are people in this world who should be banned from contact with animals and certainly not allowed to procreate... That is for the sake of mankind!! Who on earth would leave an animal in the freezing weather with no access to fresh water...OK, far from ideal but a day they would be OK without food but water??? Crikey...couldn't imagine a day without a drink...awful
Hope everyone is doing o.k, managed to get to the Drs to get my prescription picked up, have to get a blood test before I can get any more drugs. They had been letting me have 3lots but now it is one
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Perhaps they think you are going to make a sudden and miraculous recovery Griff and don't want to risk wasting any drugs! Or perhaps - just perhaps - they are being stupid and petty!
I'm off to bed now - see you all tomorrow, take care and goodnight, G.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2016, 11:54 PM
I think they've changed the rules on prescriptions Griff, I know it is now a real performance ordering a repeat at the pharmacy and there has to be a clear 7 days between ordering it and collecting it. As LG said,maybe they are hoping some of us will pop our clogs in the interim
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >