View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Was just having a catch up and came across HELENA's,decapitation of the robin...oh dear Lord the poor wee thing Ouch,that must have really hurt,sorry H,sure you were gutted
(( hugs)) TW,hope the painkillers help xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks Lynn! No urgency though!

I am rather disgruntled, to say the least. Yesterday morning my neighbour came in with two cards Meri had put in our mailbox for two packages which have to be signed for - apparently they had been there since last Wednesday as my neighbour was away. So when I saw Meri I buzzed over there to ask why she had not brought them over last week she said she did not have time, and she did not have them with her and no time to get them to deliver them so promised she would bring them over today. And no, she did not have anything else for me.

A few minutes later my neighbour came in with the Sinbo multi-cooker [which did not need signing for] and a package which did and which my neighbour signed for. Not the two from last week though, and when I checked the tracking number of yesterday's one I saw that that parcel had been delivered to the main Post Office in town [all of 15 minutes away by car] on the 16th, for onward delivery to the Moshav. And she only gave it to my neighbour yesterday having told me she had nothing for me just a few minutes earlier? Where had it been between 16th and yesterday 29th?

So, that still leaves the two packets which have to be signed for which she promised to bring over today. Did she? Did she heck. I sat here watching her - the mail boxes are diagonally opposite my open door - and when she had finished putting mail in the boxes she bdooly well drove off home.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Hi Eileen, yes, it will haunt me forever and ever, poor little thing and I had a pair of them nesting in the tree too, so of course, I felt even worse watching the other one My favourite little birds, and that was my worst nightmare that would happen and it did Bluddy rats I feared for my dogs, having had a previous shepherd who ate some poisoned bait up at the horses field one day where they were raising pheasants behind and didn't want the foxes. Thankfully, she survived but only after a week on a drip having bled profusely from both ends. I haven't forgiven myself for that either, having taken my eye off her whilst she disappeared into the middle of the ploughed field whilst I attended to my horse, so again, I blame myself for that.

On a lighter note, Corrie's started.....
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 06:18 PM
I had a cheeky little baby sparrow who decided to come indoors. I couldn't have seen it and locked up to take Amber for her walk when I came back I scared it and it flew up on top of the cabinet on top of Steve's trophies. Anyway it flew down into the window and I managed to catch it and gently take it back outdoors, where he merrily flew away. Sorry to hear about your Robin Helena.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Good evening all.
So much going on. Bleughghghgh, rats You poor thing Lynn. I would be a bag of nerves.
I seem to have been busy doing nothing all day! The car had to be MOTd and then of course Wimbledon!
You were all right of course, Paul coped wonderfully with his new job....well he is 45 but yes I still worry about him. He would be furious if he knew I was telling you all this
Oh and a wire in my bra broke and nearly stabbed me in the heart I know, too much information!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Oh Jen so pleased he got on ok. We all worry about our boys, well off spring actually, although I never hear from my daughter or granddaughter I still think of them constantly and worry about them but they are self sufficient in predating upon their husband and father who dotes on them irrespective of their greed. Oh the years that have escaped us there. Never mind, they can have their regrets when I am gone while I have mine now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Er..fell asleep and only just woken up! Backs a little easier, but not much, I need to get a move on with the jobs though, if Honeysuckle and Jasmine arrive earlier than expected, they'll have nowhere to go if I haven't got it sorted for them.
Just the top of the wall to paint now and they can be planted then, I'll worry about the rest of the wall and railings another time.
Corrie's back on
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 07:00 PM
June, I hope you get your honeysuckle and jasmine in very quickly and do keep them well watered once you do or you will lose them. If you would like some perennial fuchsia (mauve and red) just let me know because I have struck some lovely cuttings this year and they are doing really well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2014, 07:06 PM
ooh thanks Moyra, I adore Fuschia. I'll get everyone else settled first and I will definitely give you a shout. My priority is getting honeysuckle and jasmine in and then will work round them
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Yes, look after them because they will need regular water, but you will love the fuchsia there is no urgency they are getting bigger roots all the time. They will be here for you when you are ready.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >