Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2014, 06:11 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Morning everyone just a quickie for now getting Gorden off to work in a bit.
Had a big surprise here late last night not a good one. Will tell you later when I have more time.

Hope everyone is well this morning.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Morning all

Lynn - I do hope it was not too bad a surprise as you have me worried now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Good morning all dogsey peeps

Another glorious sunny one here, c=and we still haven't had a drop of rain for weeks now, the poor grass out on the front is now brown and scorched, we're getting desperate for it now, so send some over please.

Dave's just gone off to spend a morning in managerial capacity in someone else's workshop, not that he wants the job of course, but at least if he does his bit and he needs a job further down the line, he hasn't burnt his bridges with this chap. I will ring you today Lynn if you're about?

Saturday was pretty manic, getting dave to take me here, there and just about everywhere cos, the 2 days he had with me last week, we spent at the hospital, and this week he'll for away for 5 days cos of staff holidays. Supplies are all in now, everything well stocked up, and then I discovered I could drive yesterday morning, but he only let me drive up the road and try a 3 point turn, which went ok, apart from hitting the indicator with my plastic finger I'm sure I could manage a little trip to dunelms if I felt the need I can't risk taking zena yet just in case something happens cos althouigh I can manage myself if something dire should happen, I wouldn't cope with her as well, and we had yet another puncture on Saturday

Had a lovely walk along the beach yesterday, and I was in charge of zena as she dragged me down the stones, cos there were lots of dogs, but I eventually gave up on that and let her off, I'm now of the opinion that if anyone's dog comes over and gives her an attitude, then tough! We haad lots of friendly dogs coming over to say hello and not one bad incident even though she was free to chase them Those that weren't quite so friendly, kept their distance, and that's probably because she gave them that look, she was only interested in us and her ball and chasing waves. Today I am walking her in the woods and tony might be coming along to nanny me, but I won't know till he rings me at 8.

I didn't log in at all yesterday, so hope everyone is doing well, and I must go and take a look at your pics Mandy, I'm glad to hear it all went so well too.

Enjoy your day everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Morning Lynn, hope we get merged cos we posted up together. Oh dear, that's not sounding too good. Hope all is well now.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Morning Helena - Lynn's thread appeared first so I responded to her, now it is your turn! Please be careful of that finger if you drive and when you take Zena out - you do not want a set back with it, do you.

I really hate the end of June as it means that the schools will be breaking up any day now and will not start again until 1 September, so two months of probably nuisance to expect from bored kids. There are usually lots of day trips and other outings but not all children go on them, and the once who do not can be rather a nuisance at times.

I do wish they would sort out term/holidays so that the kids do not have too much time to get bored.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Good morning all.
Lol our leaders have clashed again! Good to see you opening up Helena. Also good to know that you are managing to get about a bit more. It is so terribly important to know that you could get to Dunelm Glad yesterdays walk went well.
Morning Lynn I'm worrying about you now. I hope everything is alright there with you. Come back soon and tell us please.
Morning Malka

My son starts his new job today. He was in such a state yesterday. I don't know what is the matter with him but he is so worried about it

I'll be back later to see how you are Lynn.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Morning everyone

Just a quickie to say Hi to you all before I dash off to work.

Lynn I hope everything is ok, will check back tonight if my house is not flooded out when I get home as I have a radiator leaking pools of water all over the downstairs loo floor. Can't call a workman out as I won't be here to let anyone in till Wed afternoon.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Good morning everyone,

Amber was sick this morning afraid it was through gutsing a frozen chicken drumstick too quickly now I do not know what to feed her. She has to be at the vets by 10am so I might let her wait until later. She doesn't seem to upset.

I am feeling a bit queasy and do not know whether to have a cup of tea or not. I do not want to be sick, bit sweaty and shakey with it but then it is not long since I took my tablets. I am sticking to 1 every 8 hours for the time being until I adjust to it properly.

Helena, I am glad you are getting about a bit more on your own if necessary.

Lynn, your statement this morning sounds rather ominous I hope it is not too serious.

Nippy Jen, I hope your son will be ok on his first day, you worry about them the same way as we did when they first started school.lol

Malka, I hope you and Pereg had a good night last night.

Must get on if I am to get this dog to the vets by 10 am take care everyone and have a good day all. God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Bev, haven't you got an isolating tape to the heating that you can turn off while you are out?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Hello everyone I am here now for a short while.

Helena do take care please don't run before you can walk. Fingers crossed Dave finds today better than he is expecting.
Morning Malka.
Morning Nippy Jen
Morning Bev hope the radiator doesn't leave you flooded.
Morning Moyra good luck with Amber at the vets and sory you are feeling queasy today.

Imagine this if you can sitting indoors the sofa I sit on now faces towards the kitchen through the conservatory and I can see the tree's in the garden. Well it was about 9.30 and we were watching a film and all of sudden round the kitchen door a head pops out. A rat.
So I'm saying to Gorden its in the kitchen he is thinking I am talking about the film. So the door to the kitchen is shut Dillon left with me Gorden hunting the rat. It skipped up behind the fridge freezer, Gorden opened the doors to the garden it shot out from the side of the fridge freezer and seems it shot back outside. We finished at gone 10.30 pm checking cupboards behind the dresser etc., we let Dillon in and he was sniffing about in one particular corner but we couldn't find it. We shut the door to the kitchen before going to bed its usually left open and set the trap near the fridge. Nothing this morning. We think as we had been lax with the doors yesterday it must of slipped in after smelling the shepherds pie. We had eaten but I had to throw the rest away just in case the dirty little blighter had had a nibble. Deep cleaning everywhere in the kitchen today.
We are looking into an outside rat repeller and two hunkier ones for indoors because I am worried now about leaving the house unattended for a week. Fist we have to hear whether the outside ones are safe for dogs as it doesn't say.
We are hoping again its been opportunist as there are no signs anywhere of anything nesting or chewing anything in the house.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »