View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I could pick a list of what I would change if I could, the list is endless, and some of it is silly things, but I would want to change it, but I've also before almost needed plastic surgury on my fingers (which were not something on my list ) because of scarring from a dog bite, but it was nothing like what the doctors thought and said it was going to be, I say the internet saved my hand I was meant to do all types of physiotherapy that the doctors and physiotherapist didn't think would work, but I spent more time on the internet still typing with both hands (while one was all banaged up and I was on four different types of meds three times a day ) but when I went back they was surprised and because of all the typing I had done I now have full use of my hand the scars look pathetic though, most people when I say I nearly lost my arm up to my elbow think that my whole arm would be messed up, but in reality its a couple of cuts on my fingers because the tendons were exposed, and because I listened to the local doctors that it could wait for the appoiptment I had in three days time (everyone unless its a emergency has to wait three days at the local doctors ) that most of the damaged was caused, all through infection (when I did get to the doctors I got asked straight away could I get up to the hospital on my own, or did I need a amublance to pick me up) and as soon as I got there I was on the list for a emergency op, got in there at 11pm that night (car crash that day) and now all I have is two scars on my ring finger, and a horizontal scar on my palm where a baby feeding tube was put in and up through my finger for antibiotics to be put through every 8 hours, I was just pleased that I didn't need that second op .

Anyway I'm waffling, I would have plastic surgury if I could, for so many things you wouldn't believe, but I probally wouldn't, but if I needed plastic surgury for something else then I would have that too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I think I'm probably beyond help and If I had too much time and money I'd still not spend it on surgical enhancements, I like my ugly mug and I like what's inside. Fast cars and a house with land would make me far happier than any surgery so each to their own.
I'm with you on this one!

I was only saying to hubby the other night, when I saw what that beautiful Cameron Diaz had done to herself by overdoing the plastic surgery, (let alone that ugly Katie Price now!!!), I really can't understand it. My old mum was still beautiful (minus a few wrinkles) at 80, so I'm very much hoping I might mature as well as she did without any help from a surgeon!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Im considering having some botox,
I think I've told you before that I had botox a few years ago, just around my eyes. It was ok if you can keep it up & not go OTT. I would like it on my lips or above lip as I'm really wrinkly because I smoke, but would be terrified of getting a "trout pout" so wouldn't dare
I've spent too many years in the sun & looking haggered now - but on the plus side I'm happy with my body so I'll ignore my face - afterall I don't have to look at at
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi,

I would never have cosmetic surgery from choice.

I've had 7 operations on my left knee to rectify a recurring dislocating kneecap. Nothing has worked. Every surgery has failed so far and now that I have a pain condition too (RSD/CRPS) having more surgery is not a good idea (more surgery can make the pain worse).

It wasn't life saving surgery but would have bene life enhancing because I would have been able to walk properly. As it turns out, I know have to wait a minimum of 3 1/2 years until I'm 40 when most surgeons would consider a full knee replacement.

I know I'll need this by then because I need it now but my age goes against me (not often you can say you're too young for something at 36!!) Having said that, I really don't want to go through any more operations. Every time I have a GA, I don't come out of it so well afterwards.

So I wouldn't choose to have cosmetic surgery, botox, liposuction etc maybe mostly because fo the pain and discomfor/recovery/rehab times afterwards. I won't say I don't need it though - just that I know I'm a decent enough person, I love my family, my work, my dogs and if someone else has a problem with how I look, it's their problem not mine.

Laura xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
Have u ever thought about writing into something like the tv show 10 years younger? Tell them your story!
Oh no I could never go on tv or be seen by all and sundry..if they did me on the quiet then I would be up for it
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh no I could never go on tv or be seen by all and sundry..if they did me on the quiet then I would be up for it
Oh bless ya! lol
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm trying to find a photo of me to show you what I look like, and then what I would have done lol, believe me, there isn't a thing I think I wouldn't change.

This were taken around christmas time in a bolwing alley in Aylesbury.

(A few people had a go at seeing what their hair would look like with air blowing it up from the machine thing)

and a pic of me and Diesel and I do have more then one top lol.

I would have (starting at the top),
  • Eyelid fat removal,
  • Buccal Fat Removal,
  • Nose job,
  • Liposuction arms legs and belly,
  • Botox in my armpits - I don't over sweat, but I hate sweating,
  • Boob job, not neccasarry bigger, just better,
  • Something done to my bum, not bigger but better ,

I would also want,
  • Laser hair removal,
  • Scar revision - although not all, some tell a story

and if it could be done I would also want my hands and feet smaller, I have size seven feet and lanky fingers.

There is no real reason why I want all this done, I was never bullied or anything, I just hate the way I look, and every so often something gets added to my list, although I am currently waiting for someone to be able to pay for it all for me
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't think I'd really have anything done, I'd be too scared! Hypothetically speaking, I'd probably have something done to the skin on my legs & arms because I've got a skin condition-y thing that gives me little spots. I'd also like some lipo on my stomach as well but that looks far too scary for me

One thing I would try if I had the money is that laser hair removal thing because I somewhat resemble the lovechild of a yetti & a hobbit
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I'm trying to find a photo of me to show you what I look like, and then what I would have done lol, believe me, there isn't a thing I think I wouldn't change.

This were taken around christmas time in a bolwing alley in Aylesbury.

(A few people had a go at seeing what their hair would look like with air blowing it up from the machine thing)

and a pic of me and Diesel and I do have more then one top lol.

I would have (starting at the top),
  • Eyelid fat removal,
  • Buccal Fat Removal,
  • Nose job,
  • Liposuction arms legs and belly,
  • Botox in my armpits - I don't over sweat, but I hate sweating,
  • Boob job, not neccasarry bigger, just better,
  • Something done to my bum, not bigger but better ,

I would also want,
  • Laser hair removal,
  • Scar revision - although not all, some tell a story

and if it could be done I would also want my hands and feet smaller, I have size seven feet and lanky fingers.

There is no real reason why I want all this done, I was never bullied or anything, I just hate the way I look, and every so often something gets added to my list, although I am currently waiting for someone to be able to pay for it all for me
I can sympathise with you yet there's absolutely nothing wrong with you..I also hate the way I look but people tell me there is nothing wrong with me.

I think we get it into our heads that maybe we would be more confident if we did this or that, I know thats my reasoning, I was also never bullied about my looks, I just have a hang-up about them, so much so that we are not having official photographs at the wedding next month!
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2010, 03:16 PM
The thing I would personally have done is laser work on a few scars I'd rather not have, that would boost my confidence enormously, however, apparently the success rate for it isn't brilliant and I definately can't afford it!

I wouldn't mind a bit of lipo on my thighs and stomach either!

I'd also have an implant where I'm missing a tooth (only had a baby one, when that fell out I was screwed). I was offered a bridge for free a few weeks ago, but decided to stay with the gap as the bridge damages your other teeth. The implant doesn't but costs £2000!

I'm hoping that because I'm so averse to hot weather and sunbathing and I don't smoke, that I will age well, in which case I wont bother with botox etc, but only time will tell.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >