Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
emma-rose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2008, 09:52 AM

puppy pooing in the house.....help!

Even after her regular outings for pee and her walks my five month old pup is still pooing in the house. I try to take her out when as often as I can and when i know she has need to go (after eating etc.) but even though she is happy to pee outside she always waits and poos when she is back in the house.

Any advice !!!!
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 10:41 AM
have you tryed using an indoor crate till she get the idea, i only used it for two weeks till mine got the mesage?? su
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Back to basics & keep her outside until she does have a poo & then treat & praise
covkimbo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I agree with the crate idea - it worked for us. Lots of praise when they DO poo outside and persevere! My Springer now poos to order! Very handy if we are travelling etc....after having 2 kids i reckon training my dog was easier than training my son!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Maybe keep her out a little longer till she does a pooh
...after eating and every time she wakes up.Also look for signals like circling or her tail going stiff, what ever she does before she relieves herself, then quickly pick her up and put her in the garden, then give her plenty of praise and or a treat when she does it outside!
I used a crate with hades which made it alot easier and he was toilet trainned very quickly...he still had a few accidents now and then!
She is still very young though...I would be worring if she was 12 months!lol
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 03:05 PM
keep trying Suki did that and is finally getting it (18 months old)
ATD xxx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Not been a problem with Dingo but our last bitch, Star, she was terrible. She finally got the idea when we went camping one weekend and she had to stay in the tent with us. The penny dropped then and she did everything outside from that day on. Bizarre I know. Bit cold to go camping at this time of year though. I'd go with the crate idea until the weather warms up.