Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 10:37 AM

Winter

Has anyone else heard that we are apparently in for yet another hard and severe winter?

I enjoy the snow for the first week or so, but after that I just feel hemmed in and start to get cabin fever!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 10:53 AM
It was in the newspapers last week that we are in for 'A Big Freeze'!!

Same opinion as you. Love the snow, it's great when you don't have to get out and about, but getting to work for 6 o'clock in the morning is a pain in the a***.

I'd love to stock the freezer up and be able to stay snuggled up at home, and enjoy fun walks with the dogs
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Nooooooooooo do not tell me there is more snow coming!

Last time the nearest bus was coming 2 miles away... and in that weather that was nearly an hours walk each way.... snow was too deep for Alfie and he couldn't walk on the gritted parts as it hurt his feet.....

I hate snow.

Mum promised me we were never getting snow again... (although I feel this is because I was ranting about it last year and said I was going to move down south... )
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2011, 06:05 AM
I have heard and you only have to look at the trees and shrubs again this year. Laden with fruit and berries that is usually a sign of a harsh winter natures way of providing for the birds and small animals.

I don't mind it for a little while but after about a week it gets a bit much.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 07:56 AM
I love it, it can stay forever as far as Im concerned LOL Im a real snow lover

If Lynn is right....all my brushes are heavy laden with red berries, even the ash tree is
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 07:57 AM
I will hopefully be in our new house - with the luxury of doubleglazing and central heating, and a road that'll actually get gritted, hooray
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 08:38 AM
You should move here if you love snow Steph

That is the top of the fence on the right hand side

The "main" road off the hill

And the main road down to our nearest town

Nope ... a nice sprinkling of snow I like, but bucket loads you can keep

Who else has snow pics from the last couple of years, to remind ourselves what we are in for!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2011, 09:15 AM
I also heard we are supposedly in for a hard winter, but as it is not yet possible to provide a reliable long term forecast how can they know. As the BBC weather site puts it...

The weather beyond about a week ahead stretches even the most experienced weather forecaster. Complex numerical weather forecast models from the Met Office and the European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (ECMWF) are run many times for the month (and season) ahead to build up a picture of the likelihood of different weather types affecting the UK.
We are still in the grips of a draught here in parts of Worcestershire. Streams and ponds have dried up completely with the loss to quite a range of wildlife.

Field look parched and devoid of grass and they will not produce much now the winter is approaching so it is going to be an expensive winter for farmers providing extra fodder.

I just hope the winter isn't too harsh. After last years cold winter and the summer drought I fear a lot of trees and plants will not survive.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Ooo those snow pictures, wow! It was nowhere near that bad here, it probably never ever has been! Heehee! My sister did have it really bad in the far North-East last year, but still not that bad!

I'm actually hoping for snow this year, as much as it likes, I'm hibernating with a new baby all Christmas/winter No work, no visiting, not too many visitors and pretty, romantic, family walks to the local tea shop and back .

(Sorry!)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
You should move here if you love snow Steph

That is the top of the fence on the right hand side

The "main" road off the hill

And the main road down to our nearest town

Nope ... a nice sprinkling of snow I like, but bucket loads you can keep

Who else has snow pics from the last couple of years, to remind ourselves what we are in for!
What incredible [and incredibly beautiful] pictures! It has been such a long time since I have seen snow so to be honest I have forgotten what it is like
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >