Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2004, 08:43 PM

Luna's acting strange - UPDATE

Hi all

Well Luna is acting a bit weird these days.

On saturday she was alone home in the living room. She got hold of a box of old cookies, but didnt seem to have any probs other than a runny tummy and a lot of gas.

Saturday she AGAIN stopped eating normally. Today it went a step further.

Kamille my friend picked her up and took Luna for a walk with her GSD Bella (Luna's best friend) and Kamille's daughter Rebecca (5 years old).

Luna didnt pee or poo. She has NEVER not done that before. She spent 20 minutes just walking next to Rebecca. Even if Bella was put back on lead (she can sometimes be a tad boisterous)

And then tonight she wouldnt eat an apple I gave her for a treat. Usualy she eats them with pleasure......

She has finished her season 2 weeks ago, so shouldnt be that, and it too early for a phantom........

She's driving me nuts!!!!!

Any ideas???
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Could Luna still have a sore tummy? I know if it happens to Star it can take a week to settle down again.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 06:50 AM
I thought of that too, and then as there was a bit of chocolate in them, it could be a mild poisoning, but its soo little chocolate.

Her poo is back to normal.

This morning food did not interest the madam one bit. I put her in a sit stay in the hall and went around the livingroom and spread the kibble in little heeps - then I gave her a command to search, and that made her eat most of it.

Will look and see today, and if it isnt any better this afternoon I'll call the vet.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 07:02 AM
If she is otherwise normal and lively and is drinking normaly I would starve her for a day and see if she is any better. If not then a trip for a check up would not hurt anything but your pocket.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 07:03 AM
I dont have any other suggestions that the one we talked about yesterday.... :smt102

Hope Luna´s better soon, and think calling the vet this afternoon if it doesn´t get better is the right thing to do.

I´ll be thinking of you. Please let us know if anything changes :smt090
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Oooh Jackie - starve her for a day. Yeah will try that. Oh I dont mind paying, I hate seeing my baby like this. Thanks

Ta AM, I hope things get better soon, and its just a moodswing.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 08:41 AM
she might have a cold j!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Ah yea Sally, that could very well be.

We went for a 2˝ walk with shopping during, where she was a bit wet and had to sit and wait outside......

Thanks and wb btw
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi Jeanette sorry only just spotted this thread ..you can't starve Luna if she is not eating... Is she weeing and pooing ok now? Is she drinking water? Stand her up and run your hands gently from her shoulder over her tummy, does she mind and is it hard or soft should feel soft if you press light not tight like a baloon ? Does she feel hot? It is probably ony a minor off day but the symptoms of not eating/drinking/pooing can be associated with a blockage..when she stole the biscuites did she eat the box?
IF IN DOUBT GO TO THE VET..FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT IF YOU FEEL SHE IS ILL...speak later
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi Mini

Oh she's peeing and pooing, just not on that walk. But as she had been alone home for some hours, she would normally atleast pee, and as she didnt I got nervous.

Will feel her tummy when I come home from work this evening.

Ta Mini
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >