Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2016, 06:19 PM

German Shepherd Dog owners

AN APPEAL FOR HELP TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH IN THE GERMAN SHEPHERD

Our German Shepherd Health co-ordinator is appealing for anyone who owns a pedigree German Shepherd, which has been diagnosed with (or has died from) any of the diseases listed below, especially Idiopathic Epilepsy. Please contact her to help in a research project to try and irradicate genetic diseases, which can affect our breed.

Contact Chris Hazell 01544 327104
Email c.hazell@tiscali.co.uk

All pedigrees and information will remain confidential.

Diseases being researched include:

Idiopathic Epilepsy
Anal Furunculosis
Skin disease (immune mediated)
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)
Malabsorption and other gut problems
Degenerative Myelopathy (DM or CDRM)
Pannus and other genetic eye conditions
OCD and Elbow Dysplasia
Pituitary Dwarfism
Haemophilia A
Gastric Torsion or Bloat
Haemangiosarcoma
Crytorchidism
Heart problems and sudden death syndrome

The aim is to collate pedigrees of affected animals and eventually isolate genes in the hope that eventually some of these diseases may be eradicated.
This cannot be done without your help!
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Thankfully (touch wood!) nothing with Loki that we know of but I know that her litter mates have had varying issues. Would it be ok to share with them?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyDogLady View Post
Thankfully (touch wood!) nothing with Loki that we know of but I know that her litter mates have had varying issues. Would it be ok to share with them?
Yes, please do.
DoggieBloggie
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2016, 03:37 PM
I lost my German Shepherd this year, she had perennial fistulas but passed suddenly of a ruptured spleen. I've now had 3 German Shepherds pass from a ruptured spleen, anything I can help with to make the breed healthier I will!