Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yup, ]but I am talking about the dogs having their heads HELD up there, that must change their movment and so is that not 'cJheating'
why do the dogs have to be onlead at ?
Is that a serious question ?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Actually I didnt ... I said these are meant to be well respected breeders/handlers and its nice to make an effort, I did not say they 'should' wear a suit.
Of course the respect comes from their actions not what they wear, I have not said different. There will also be people that are not respected in the breed for what ever reason - wearing a suit wont make them respected and I have not any one wearing a suit will be respected, I said it shows respect towards the judge.
Thnaks for clarifying
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
prob to its other owner or toy

erm,if a dog is not controllable offlead it shouldn't be doing agility

either way two wrongs dont make a right.
again read my other posts, where i have explained what the dog had done.

and im not saying two wrongs make a right, however people are jumping on showing AGAIN showing cant be done offlead, like i said it says the owner must have full control of the dog, holding the lead.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Is that a serious question ?
Apparently
Ever felt like your banging your head against a brick wall.
I've explained that its not feasible, you wouldnt expect a dog not to sniff there not trained in obedience.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
what happens if a handler dresses smart casual?
TheY look smart!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Theyllm smart!
sorry, typo?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
again read my other posts, where i have explained what the dog had done.

and im not saying two wrongs make a right, however people are jumping on showing AGAIN showing cant be done offlead, like i said it says the owner must have full control of the dog, holding the lead.
Its a thread about the handlers in crufts so what did you expect? All I was asking was if it was possible for the judge to be able to actually asses the actual natural movment of the dogs when they were supposed to be showing him its movment
If you feel that cannot be done offlead then fair enough, but I feel it shouldnt be done with the dogs head help up

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Apparently
Ever felt like your banging your head against a brick wall.
I've explained that its not feasible, you wouldnt expect a dog not to sniff there not trained in obedience.
I dont expect my dogs to stop and sniff on an agility run and they are not trained in obedience
Everyone goes on about ringcraft classes, isnt ringcraft about the dog walking in a way to show the dog of that breed to carry itself in the ring? I know people who spend as much time in ringcraft classes as they do in agility or obedience classes, I would have thought that was to do with teaching the dog his job?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Its a thread about the handlers in crufts so what did you expect? All I was asking was if it was possible for the judge to be able to actually asses the actual natural movment of the dogs when they were supposed to be showing him its movment
If you feel that cannot be done offlead then fair enough, but I feel it shouldnt be done with the dogs head help up

I dont expect my dogs to stop and sniff on an agility run and they are not trained in obedience
Everyone goes on about ringcraft classes, isnt ringcraft about the dog walking in a way to show the dog of that breed to carry itself in the ring? I know people who spend as much time in ringcraft classes as they do in agility or obedience classes, I would have thought that was to do with teaching the dog his job?
i dont hold my dogs head up, i dont show my dogs on a tight lead, like ive said.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs;

I simply made a suggestion that wouldnt it give a more natural gate if the dogs were offlead
As I am constantly told the dogs are socalised from an early age to that type of surroundings, they are happy and k their jobs, I honestly dont see a problem with well trained dogs being able to work offlead, we used to do it all the time in puppy classes
but if not how about just having the lead loose?
So tell me you put up to 30 agility dogs in the ring at the same time , all with their handlers all off lead and then run them all , they are not going to react?

Oh no , I forgot you don't do you , they go in one by one then when the dog has finished it's run , the handler rushes to grab said dog , using atoy to get it back to them. you have one serious hang up about show dogs!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Ring craft is about teaching the dog how to walk at the right pace, how to stand without fidgetting and allow the judge to go over the dog look in the mouth etc.
It's also invaluable for people new to showing as it explains how and why we stack the dogs and how to run them etc.
You keep saying its a dogs job to walk off lead but it's not a show dogs job. By definition a sheep dogs job is to herd sheep so do they need to do that in the ring.
Not sure what your problem is ......oh yes I do it's showing again so lets all slag off the poor ill treated dogs.

Heres' a picture of two of mine, such a shocking life they lead
Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »