Female 

18-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Hope she's a bit better today xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 12:34 PM
So sorry for the delay in updating.

I collected Mya this morning. She had a whole bag of fluids, but still refuses to eat.

I brought her home, but was not happy with the way she was acting. She couldn't even lie down and she poo'd on the carpet - out of character.

I gave her the painkiller and came to work. I called the vet and said I wasn't happy - they said to bring her straight back. I decided to leave her be to see what effect the painkiller had.

I went home again at 11:30 to find her less stressed, not panting and managing to lie down.

Baz will be home at 3.30pm so we'll have another think then.

It's 48 hours now since she's eaten, and she is completely food-led, so we're not out of the woods yet.......

Will update again later

Thanks for all your good wishes

x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the update Vicki, I've been back in a couple of times to see if there is any news.

I know it's not the quick recovery we all want for her, and you'll feel happier once she has eaten, but the fact that seems a little more settled means she is heading in the right direction.

Keeping everything crossed that she is on the road to recovery. (((Hugs))) to you all xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh dear Vicki, I'm so sorry she isn't as good as you had hoped, or us come to that I think you're right, she needs to go back there if you're not happy with the way she is, gut instinct will tell you that I supppose when Baz rings back or when you get home tonight. I'm so, so sorry Vicki, maybe after a good sleep, in the comfort of her own home will make her more settled and comfortable. I wouldn't worry about her not eating, dogs always know best don't they, she'll eat when she feels ready I'm sure, and I hope that will be tonight when you get home. All the very best for her, positive vibes still heading your way and lots and lots of them and some much needed (((((((hugs)))))))))) for you and Baz.xxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 12:41 PM
glad she is more settled the pain killers may be dampening her appetite(what are they?)

the fluids have given her everything she needs for now...sleep and cuddles is what u both need

hope for some good news later xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 12:43 PM
How awful for you all Hopefully Mya is heading in the right direction through if she seemed a bit more relaxed later on this morning.

I know it is a worry if they are not eating but, like us, if they feel lousy it may be the last thing on their mind. Not long after we got Max he had a really severe bout of gastroenteritis, several vets visits needed. He threw up his last meal on the Friday and ate again on the Thursday evening . Dave and I were frantic and I cried with joy when he started to eat again.

Big hugs xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Thankyou for the update Vicki, I really hope when baz gets back she is looking a little brighter.
I know she is food orientated but the drugs, not feeling well and being in the vets may have dampend her appetite completely for now. As long as she gets plenty of fluid thats the main thing.
I'm sending lots more positive vibes to to Mya and some really big hugs to you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
glad she is more settled the pain killers may be dampening her appetite(what are they?)

the fluids have given her everything she needs for now...sleep and cuddles is what u both need

hope for some good news later xxx
L - I'm crap at remembering. Something similar to Metacam starting with an M and got an X in it........ She's on 12 units a day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Thank you for the update Vicki.

I hope the time allows the drugs to work and when Baz gets home then you Mya is even more settled and that she starts to rally round even more. Fingers crossed and more (((hugs))) and positive vibes. Xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Just read your update......our thoughts are with you all and we wish Mya a speedy recovery xxx
Page 12 of 27 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »