Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Het
Absolutely pouring down same as yesterday, I wouldn't care but I took a couple of days off to get some sun
I love the lakes we often go there on our hols with our speed boat to windermere but cant anymore coz of the ban it always seems to rain there but we have been the odd few times and its been sunny my aunt and uncle have a house in hawkheads do you no it het?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 10:55 AM
it is overcast here
but still quite warm
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by ZoeH
I love the lakes we often go there on our hols with our speed boat to windermere but cant anymore coz of the ban it always seems to rain there but we have been the odd few times and its been sunny my aunt and uncle have a house in hawkheads do you no it het?
Hi Zoe
yes its typical summer in the lakes weather here today. I know hawshead and windemere, although Ullswater is the closest lake to me, I am over in the East of the County in the Eden Valley, its such a great place to live. I think the ban will stop a lot of people holidaying up here, perhaps if the tourist figures drop they will reverse it though, as the counties main income is tourism. I think people expect it to rain when they come up here, but we do get lots of sun too, - just not today when I'm off work
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Het
Absolutely pouring down same as yesterday, I wouldn't care but I took a couple of days off to get some sun

I might have known it was you behind all this bad weather Het, its those bloomin pennines they send all the bad weather to us

I used to go out with a lad whose grandma had a gorgeous cottage in Grasmere and we went once for the weekend but had to stay at the Travellers rest pub (or something like that) down the road. Do you know Grasmere Het
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Sunshine and cloud here, still warm but seems to be feeling chillier due to the wind thats picked up
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I might have known it was you behind all this bad weather Het, its those bloomin pennines they send all the bad weather to us

I used to go out with a lad whose grandma had a gorgeous cottage in Grasmere and we went once for the weekend but had to stay at the Travellers rest pub (or something like that) down the road. Do you know Grasmere Het
Hiya Foxy, Grasmere is gorgeous, I go there quite a lot, and Ambleside which is just a bit further down the road. There are some great pubs and its lovely just to sit outside with a drink and watch the world go by, one of my favourite things to do - if it ever stops raining of course
mirknzoe
Dogsey Junior

13-06-2005, 11:40 AM
It's raining on and off here in the North East and I'm trying to get the caravan packed ready to go up to Ayrshire tomorrow for two weeks. That should be fun, Zoe who is 10 month old hasn't been away in the van yet, I don't know what she will make of sleeping with us as she is normally in the kitchen with Mirk, we will just have to wait and see.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Het
Hiya Foxy, Grasmere is gorgeous, I go there quite a lot, and Ambleside which is just a bit further down the road. There are some great pubs and its lovely just to sit outside with a drink and watch the world go by, one of my favourite things to do - if it ever stops raining of course

When I win the lottery I am going to move to the lake district Het (bet your praying that I don't aren't you ) just think I could cut your hair for you and you could share that bottle of wine with me instead of letting your neighbours guzzle it all
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
When I win the lottery I am going to move to the lake district Het (bet your praying that I don't aren't you ) just think I could cut your hair for you and you could share that bottle of wine with me instead of letting your neighbours guzzle it all
I bet we'd have loads of fun though, we'd probably end up getting locked up!!!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Het
Hi Zoe
yes its typical summer in the lakes weather here today. I know hawshead and windemere, although Ullswater is the closest lake to me, I am over in the East of the County in the Eden Valley, its such a great place to live. I think the ban will stop a lot of people holidaying up here, perhaps if the tourist figures drop they will reverse it though, as the counties main income is tourism. I think people expect it to rain when they come up here, but we do get lots of sun too, - just not today when I'm off work
Hi we have visited ullswater its lovely! you are so lucky living there i would love to! i use to love taking the speed boat up there, my family use to do water sports etc i think its a shame we are going to sell the speed boat i think coz there ant that many places to take it now
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >