Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2011, 02:24 PM

Darlings.

Has anyone used them and what did you think ?

I have e-mailed them for a rough price guide for when I get my new puppy who will be fed raw.

I am interested in them as they claim to use organically reared animals and fruit and veg. Which if affordable I would prefer to use animals sourced this way.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 02:38 PM
The lady who is at the helm of Darlings was at a recent seminar with me, it aint cheap!

The home page of their website, gives approx costs per day, ie for my two it would be £3 each!!!!!!!!

http://darlingsrealdogfood.com/
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Natural Instinct are meant to be similar I believe, and I think I've heard that they tend to be a bit cheaper.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm sure their food is great but they cost a bomb!!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 04:24 PM
very expensive

plus to my mind..the idea of raw is that you know what has gone into your dogs gob, therefore can control quality and amounts. Something like this, removes that element, makes it seem like a commercial diet
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Part of the fun for me in feeding raw is the thrill (yes I know I lead a sad life) of getting a great deal on short dated stuff which I would not buy at full price and filling the freezer etc.

I am sure there is a market for this, but not in my house!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

If possible I would like to source the organic meats which is what they say they provide. I know about AMP, Berriewoods etc., I have used them in the past for Ollie but I wonder whether the meats are from organically fed animals or are they from animals that may of been fed hormones etc., ?

I am not sure whether I will be able to afford Darlings I am looking into it.

Have looked at natural instinct Klyr that is another one that interests me.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Darlings is a good food but as others have said it is expensive, my sister had her two dogs on it but they wouldn't eat it so she gave it to me Mads will eat it frozen but not when its defrosted - might be the strong smell it has smells like spinach to me - they will put together a sample pack for a small price for you to try if you email and ask, natural instinct she enjoys frozen or defrosted along with her usual meat and bones but its not organic as far as i know.
Could you contact a local butcher and ask for rough prices for the meats etc you will want to feed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by madisondobie View Post
Darlings is a good food but as others have said it is expensive, my sister had her two dogs on it but they wouldn't eat it so she gave it to me Mads will eat it frozen but not when its defrosted - might be the strong smell it has smells like spinach to me - they will put together a sample pack for a small price for you to try if you email and ask, natural instinct she enjoys frozen or defrosted along with her usual meat and bones but its not organic as far as i know.
Could you contact a local butcher and ask for rough prices for the meats etc you will want to feed.
Yes can look into that too we have an organic butcher not too far away. Thank goodness I have plenty of time to see if I can source something organic and affordable.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 05:38 PM
we use natural instinct at work and the dogs love it. all her flatcoats are fed on it (6 of them) and they do so well on it. its obviously more expensive than the places like landywoods, but its already all done for you so better convenience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >