Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 12:26 PM

Lumps

my collie ice has a blue, black in colour pea sized lump under her skin, i know lipomas are like this but the colour is odd for just an ordinary lipoma, it moves under the skijn a little too?? Has any one else had a dog with a lump thats this colour??
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 12:32 PM
My lurcher, Kes, had a few lumps that sound similar. The vet had said that some were epidermal cysts and some were sebaceous cysts. It's mostly a good sign when these lumps are able to move around and aren't attached under the skin. Worth getting the vet to have a look, none the less.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher View Post
my collie ice has a blue, black in colour pea sized lump under her skin, i know lipomas are like this but the colour is odd for just an ordinary lipoma, it moves under the skijn a little too?? Has any one else had a dog with a lump thats this colour??
Hi Rose lipomas are masses of fatty tissue, all you normally see is a large swellling under the skin, Amy has a couple one the size of a walnut.

Here is a picture of a dog with a huge one just to show you what they look like ...

I would get the lump checked particularly if the dog is young. If the dog is old it may only be what my vet calls 'old dog warts' but it really should be checked ..
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Shes 11 yrs old minihaha, so an older girl, going to see the vets on thursday about it. Thanx for the pic , that poor dog.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 05:46 PM
aww rose i hope all goes well at the vets shiloh sends his girl loads of hugs keep us updated with the results
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher View Post
Shes 11 yrs old minihaha, so an older girl, going to see the vets on thursday about it. Thanx for the pic , that poor dog.
Rose, its all going on with the doglets this month, do you think they are doing it delibrately huni? I hope its nothing serious though, love to you and the girls
Donna xx
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanx jen, donna , yes donna everythings happening this month , must be because halloween's coming up.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Good Luck at the vets Rose I hope it's nothing serious.

I'll keep you & Ice in my thoughts.

{{{hugs}}} to you both x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Good luck at the vets, hope everything's ok.