Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thank you so much everyone, it was lovely to see them again, they get so excited when I get there and jump all over me, Joan said she can tell they remember who I am because they love other visitors but go over the top when I arrive

They are so relaxed in their home, on and off the furniture as you can see, and although they were all over me when I was with them, when I got up to leave and kissed them all goodbye there wasn't any panic or trying to cling onto me, they were all quite happy to be staying where they were...I knew when I met Joan and Steve that they would be perfect for my babies and I'm so pleased that my gut instincts worked again

I'm getting a lot better at controlling my emotions, I don't think its fair to keep crying in front of Joan and Steve because it must make them feel awful, so I always wait now until I'm in the car and on the way home.

Thanks again for your lovely comments xx
Love you for that. How thoughtful and controlled of you. See, you are getting better! xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Joan said she can tell they remember who I am because they love other visitors but go over the top when I arrive
Lovely photos Sheree, and as for remembering you, yes I think they do remember people, I'm not sure they remember in the same way as we do, it's hard to put into words but I believe their reactions are more autoreactive (if that is a word) if their senses tell them you are associated with good times they will show it (As Joan has observed) if you were associated with horrible times (cruelty etc) they would show it in a completely different way.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
God Sheree you poor thing I can just picture you sitting in the car crying. It just makes me want to give you a big hug. (((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))

I can't imagine how bad the pain of not having them with you must be but it must be some small consolation to still have regular contact and be able to see for yourself how happy and content they are and also to know that you made the right decision in choosing their new home.
Thanks so much Nic...I knew it would be hard at the start but didn't realise that the pain would be so intense after all this time. It is a great comfort to me though to see just how happy they all are xxx

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Love you for that. How thoughtful and controlled of you. See, you are getting better! xx
Aww thanks Em xxx

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Lovely photos Sheree, and as for remembering you, yes I think they do remember people, I'm not sure they remember in the same way as we do, it's hard to put into words but I believe their reactions are more autoreactive (if that is a word) if their senses tell them you are associated with good times they will show it (As Joan has observed) if you were associated with horrible times (cruelty etc) they would show it in a completely different way.
Thanks Harvey...you're probably right as they will jump up to me and plant kisses when I arrive but they don't jump up at other people, they must remember that they were allowed to do that but were not allowed to jump up at others when they lived with me. Apparently they only sit on laps one at a time too now whereas I would have several on my lap together...Joan thought it was hilarious yesterday to see them

The thing with setters is that they are so friendly they will rush and greet anyone, but there are certain things they obviously associate with me, and save for when I visit, that is a really nice feeling
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Beautiful pics
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Beautiful pics
Thank you
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Absolutely beautiful pics hun, I love them all, but Gracie's little face, must be the orange thing!!! Also see alot of Codee's mannerisms in Tawny

It will get better with time Sheree, you found them a lovely home from home xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Absolutely beautiful pics hun, I love them all, but Gracie's little face, must be the orange thing!!! Also see alot of Codee's mannerisms in Tawny

It will get better with time Sheree, you found them a lovely home from home xxx
Thanks Claire You know how I felt about all the homes, yours included, I was sooo lucky to find such wonderful people to look after my babies. Tawny seemed so grown up, I suppose because I had seen baby Codee recently I had forgotten that Tawny is now a mature young lady..still an absolute nutcase though

Joan prefers the orange beltons...my fave colour is still the dark tricolour...if I could have Fabey cloned for future years I would jump at the chance
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks Claire You know how I felt about all the homes, yours included, I was sooo lucky to find such wonderful people to look after my babies. Tawny seemed so grown up, I suppose because I had seen baby Codee recently I had forgotten that Tawny is now a mature young lady..still an absolute nutcase though

Joan prefers the orange beltons...my fave colour is still the dark tricolour...if I could have Fabey cloned for future years I would jump at the chance
Codee is a nutter too, should have called her zebedee as she springs about the place, thankfully we are not house proud!! I always loved the dark ones too, cos Tess was a really dark tri, then Jamie came along and I now would love another orange, but I also would love a blue boy...
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 04:25 PM
They look absolutely lovely, Sheree - even though a touch hairier than Leon
You found them a great home, you surely did!
roxi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Gorgeous dogs
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >