Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 05:31 PM

Bruno the dog magnet !!!

Wasnt able to take bruno out earlier today as was looking after my friends children as well as Luca and just wasnt practical.... so had to take him out after 4 which I never do as its busy with other walkers...

However had to be done, Bruno was gagging to go out, got up to the park..... and as soon as we got past the gate I saw a couple with 2 dogs just getting put on lead coming towards us, Bruno was interested and had a wee grunt, but was onlead behind the buggy.

Instantly we were surrounded by at least 6 dogs who were all offlead - at his butt, his head, his flank all right up and sniffing ( I had his head halter on so had his head controlled but he was twisting and trying to get at them)
Meanwhile the people walking past with their dog were saying thats terrible those owners shouldnt have let their dogs run up ( I shouted over across the park " can you all please call your dogs"- all the owners are in a huddle in the middle of the green bit ( I was on the path running through it)

One of the ladies shouted back - we are trying !! but it took at least 4 attempts to get the dogs to return...

The couple walking past said are you ok etc - I said yes fine, am more than used to it - I shouldnt walk at this time its always a nightmare !!!

Bruno the dog magnet and me wandered up the path in escape - honestly there were plenty of other people in the park but Bruno must have been giving off vibes this afternoon !!!

so note to self never ever walk after 4pm its the awful hour !! LOL
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Aww Bless ya! * Hugs* Some dog owners just don't get it, just because their dog is OK with other dogs, they expect everyone elses to be.......

Glad you and Bruno are OK x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh Dani I can imagine how stressful that was. Por you and poor Bruno. People can be so inconsiderate yet had you not had control of Bruno it would have been your fault in tehir eyes...hugs
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Its such a shame when you try you hardest to keep him away from other dogs, and them away from him..what a nightmare, I wonder what those people would have done had Bruno turned on their dogs...people should always have their wits about them when their dogs are loose, shouldn't they?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2010, 06:19 PM
(((Hugs))) Dani. Some people just don't understand about considering other people.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 06:28 PM
cheers ladies, it was a bit stressful but you just kinda get resigned about it.

I just thought it was funny actually that every single dog in the park made a beeline for Bruno as soon as he entered !!! He needs a sign staying STAY AWAY
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Must be something in the air. Kismet and I were out on the bike earlier hiking on at a fair pace. You'd be amazed how many people let their dogs chase us one little jack actually nipping kismet's heels and nearly pulling me over.

Bear in mind I am on the cycle path beside the road not on the field not directly passing these dogs. They had to hare across the field to get to us.! I always slow or stop to allow a walker with on lead dog to pass on the path itself.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 08:13 PM
aw, that doesnt sound fun. people should always be on the look out for other dogs when their dogs are off lead. i am always on my guard when jake is off, so i can get him onlead before he sees other dogs and is off. it must be so frustrating for you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Hugs hon - sounds ghastly.....

kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2010, 07:29 AM
hi feel for you totally my boy gets on with some dogs but not others and people let there dogs come up sniffing without so much of aa recall in my situation though i think they think hes ok has i have two dogs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >