Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Chelsea Tractors! good grief, that is a whole thread in itself. Don't get me started!
Erm Haha, I think I can just get away with mine, it's practical and I live in the country I do always keep it muddy on the outside though so I blend in better

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
People don't come close enough to us and Cosmo on muddy days to make comments. My son found it most amusing at the weekend to watch people's faces fall as they saw just how muddy Cosmo was though. I think it makes them feel sort of superior in a clean way for a while when they see us. People seem to go into shock...then laugh a lot at him/us.
I don't care...I embrace the mud! I love how happy it makes him.Even TangoCHOSE to walk through a muddy puddle the other day AND got mud on her face..unheard of...
I find people mapping my route when they see me walk past as if mentally noting not to go where I've just been as it's obviously really bad there. I don't bother telling them it doesn't matter where I go because he'll find it anyway

Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Yes we have one, he has the biggest whitest fluff ball of a dog that has a complete waterproof all in one suit, literally all you see is the face and paws!
You win, what a moron!

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
well as much as my 2 love the mud, i can also be spotted stomping through the muddy puddles in my wellies! i love it!! it makes me feel 5 again... hope i'm not alone in this second childhood phase!!!
No way! What a....... OK, OK I am sooooo with you there. I love a muddy walk, it makes me feel satisfied ;o)

Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
mud what mud, it drops off and gets hoovered up, mind you can always guarantee that Meg will decide to jump at someone in a white coat and pristine jeans, she's very sneaky she'll go up and lay in front of them wagging her ass and looking at them with sad spaniel eyes and as sonn as they bend down to fuss her, wham she's got em unfortunately with 4 spaniels mud is a fact of like
When Woody was about 4 months old he ran past two young girls all dressed up in their sparkly best gear. One of them was wearing white jeans and Woody chose her to jump up on and say hello. I was mortified and thought the poor thing was going to cry. Bless her though, after a thousand apologies she just said ''don't worry, I'm sure it will wash out, he was just being friendly''. What a great kid ;o)
stanfan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2010, 10:37 AM
It is a rule in this house that all of us kids, dogs and grown ups have to get mucky!!!! It's fun!!! When we go camping we end up filthy!!! But we know we've enjoyed ourselves!!!!

And do not start me on chelsea tractors!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I've just been on a very long, very muddy walk with Woody. When the weather is like this I just have to suck it up (and have the occasional cry in a corner ;o), after all, I have a springer.

On my walk I bumped into a strong contender for the world's biggest moron. She took one look at me (up to my knees in mud and as I later discovered a few tail splatters on my face and top), took another look at my top to toe, mud covered spaniel and said -

''oh my God, look at the state of your dog, you must be furious.''

To which I replied that it was no big deal and I was used to it. Her response?

''Well this is why I keep her (lab) on a lead in this weather. If she came back from a walk looking like that I'd freak out. My house would be ruined!!''

I literally stood there with my mouth open, then turned and walked off. I had nothing more to say to her.

How crap is that? Not letting your dog off lead in case it gets muddy? WTF.

Any similar contenders for Moron of the World near you?
OMG Pidge another one of those This is typical of people who have dogs jut because it looks 'good' the type who buy 4x4's and never engage the 4 x drive (OK some of them are permanent but you know what I mean)

Look at me I'm a success I've got a nice house, I've got a Labrador, my husband is a solicitor (Or you might substitute estate agent, TV worker, or politician in there )

Where ever possible dogs MUST run free, it's essential to their life and IMO those that do are far less stessed and are altogther happier creatures.

Better stop now before I really start ranting
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
OMG Pidge another one of those This is typical of people who have dogs jut because it looks 'good' the type who buy 4x4's and never engage the 4 x drive (OK some of them are permanent but you know what I mean)

Look at me I'm a success I've got a nice house, I've got a Labrador, my husband is a solicitor (Or you might substitute estate agent, TV worker, or politician in there )

Where ever possible dogs MUST run free, it's essential to their life and IMO those that do are far less stessed and are altogther happier creatures.

Better stop now before I really start ranting
Heheh...the village next to ours is full of people like that. I avoid walking there at all costs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I was mortified and thought the poor thing was going to cry. Bless her though, after a thousand apologies she just said ''don't worry, I'm sure it will wash out, he was just being friendly''. What a great kid ;o)
It's good to know there are some kids with the right attitude.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 12:57 PM
If you don't get muddy & wet your not doing it right!!. I've ebven had Ewan spattered in his Buggy from Walking on a wet day!!
Emax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2010, 01:00 PM
My boy looked like he had a mud facepack on today in the park. He missed his ball and went face first into the muddiest puddle I couldn't help but laugh. Though later trying to get all the mud out of his wrinkles so he didn't get sore wasn't so much fun.

The funniest thing he does though is lay in muddy puddles in the field like a hippo, gest completely covered, then on the way home has to walk round or jump over the puddles on the pavement. I guess he wants to make sure he brings as much of the mud into the house as doggely possible!!!

As others have said a muddy dog can be cleaned and muddy clothes can be washed
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I hate the mud, but I'll be ******ed if I'm not letting off lead because of it. Silly woman!

LOL at you though, that story sounds oh so familiar ;o)
Well, an upside for you then... if you end up moving to the Calgery area... or any part of southern/central Alberta, you wont have to contend with alot of mud! we have some spring time mud (from snow melt), but we are rather dry here, dont get alot of rain in the spring/summer/fall, and the mud is under snow in the winter I actually dont have any mud pics of my dogs... they're almost never muddy. People always comment on how I must be constantly bathing my white dogs to keep them white, but we dont have mud often enough to worry about it... thank goodness!!!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Dogs are mucky, muddy things and if people cannot accept that then perhaps they should not keep a dog. At this time of year mud and muck is unavoidable, but there is always the trusty hosepipe outside for when you come back and then a good rub down before coming into the house. (humans as well as dogs).
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Thank goodness we have relatively normal people round here (except the fella with the two GSD's that insist on going NUTS everytime they see other dogs...not in a nice way either). We all end up equally covered in mud and goo, Dougal was the 'also comes in white' dog yesterday
Oh yes, the flappers We have two sets of regular flappers round us - the gsd flappers, and the collie flappers. One male, one female. the female is totally hysterical, shrieks like a banshee at just the SIGHT of Tai. Funnily, her pack adore Tai and try to make a beeline for him, which results in her totally losing and demanding I put him on a lead. I just totally ignore the silly cow and make a fuss of her gorgeous dogs. It turns out "they are very valuable pedigrees don't you know, and must not become tainted by my common mongrel!"

The male is just bonkers, again though, his dogs are lovely.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »