Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I've just been on a very long, very muddy walk with Woody. When the weather is like this I just have to suck it up (and have the occasional cry in a corner ;o), after all, I have a springer.

On my walk I bumped into a strong contender for the world's biggest moron. She took one look at me (up to my knees in mud and as I later discovered a few tail splatters on my face and top), took another look at my top to toe, mud covered spaniel and said -

''oh my God, look at the state of your dog, you must be furious.''

To which I replied that it was no big deal and I was used to it. Her response?

''Well this is why I keep her (lab) on a lead in this weather. If she came back from a walk looking like that I'd freak out. My house would be ruined!!''

I literally stood there with my mouth open, then turned and walked off. I had nothing more to say to her.

How crap is that? Not letting your dog off lead in case it gets muddy? WTF.

Any similar contenders for Moron of the World near you?
Yes we have one, he has the biggest whitest fluff ball of a dog that has a complete waterproof all in one suit, literally all you see is the face and paws!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 10:28 PM
well as much as my 2 love the mud, i can also be spotted stomping through the muddy puddles in my wellies! i love it!! it makes me feel 5 again... hope i'm not alone in this second childhood phase!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 11:18 PM
LOL at all your mud magnets.......Fudge tiptoes round puddles and mud, it is never an issue I have to deal with. She will have a paddle in water though which is progress!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I think getting wet/muddy/dirty is part of the fun

I took Teagan to the beach yesterday with my boyfriend, and we were 'paddling' in the sea (with wellies on).
Teagan kept pulling us, and the waves kept going over the top of our boots, then my boyfriend splashed me, and started to chase me through the water!
I was screaming and laughing, and ran to the edge of the sea, and we were kicking water at each other!

All 3 of us were soaking! Mine and b/f's clothes were dripping (and it was windy and cold....we had hat/gloves on!), and this woman walking along the beach gave us a right dirty look lol
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Monty doesn't do mud either, he'll always tip toe round muddy puddles.

Sometimes I wish he'd get a bit more involved with water and playing in the mud as it can be a right pain when the only route on a walk takes you through mud and you've got a dog that is pansying around whining like a baby because you've walked through the mud and left him on the other side!

However I do have to say it annoys me when other peoples muddy dogs jump up even if I am in my oldest manky clobber.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I especially like the Morons who wear White Trousers in the wet Soggy Muddy Countryside!
And Ugg Boots!

I could understand if this woman was walking an Afghan, but a Lab? God, it's not like you have hours worth of drying and brushing to do!
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I've just been on a very long, very muddy walk with Woody. When the weather is like this I just have to suck it up (and have the occasional cry in a corner ;o), after all, I have a springer.

On my walk I bumped into a strong contender for the world's biggest moron. She took one look at me (up to my knees in mud and as I later discovered a few tail splatters on my face and top), took another look at my top to toe, mud covered spaniel and said -

''oh my God, look at the state of your dog, you must be furious.''

To which I replied that it was no big deal and I was used to it. Her response?

''Well this is why I keep her (lab) on a lead in this weather. If she came back from a walk looking like that I'd freak out. My house would be ruined!!''

I literally stood there with my mouth open, then turned and walked off. I had nothing more to say to her.

How crap is that? Not letting your dog off lead in case it gets muddy? WTF.

Any similar contenders for Moron of the World near you?
stupid old bag is something that springs to mind and I would have told her
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 01:20 AM
this thread has made me laugh so much

jake is on lead just now as his recall is somewhat... inconsistant but he always comes home covered in mud anyway... so being on lead doesnt affect him in that area

i met an idiot today... or more i saw an idiot today. i was walking jake around the park, and a guy came in the park with an offlead JRT. he had a ball launcher, stood at the gate and threw the ball for the JRT... he didnt even walk anywhere... just stood throwing the ball...

and of course, jake wanted to go see the JRT so was pulling, and the guy insisted on throwing the ball my direction, so whenever the wee dog got close, jake would frantically try and say hello. i was walking over to a different gate to head home, and as i walked he kept throwing the ball where we were walking, so he wasnt just throwing in the one direction, just throwing in our direction .. i was so tempted to go over to him and ask if he could kindly throw the ball the other way, where he would be sending the dog the opposite direction to us. if it were me, i would throw it the other way out of consideration if i saw someone whos dog was pulling to see mine...
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 02:22 AM
This thread has made me laugh
I always love watching the dogs tippy toe around when it is wet, Louis couldnt care less and if there is poop to roll in he is there. Scratch was the same but now he has decided to get some indignant old man thing and doesnt like getting his feet wet and tippy toes around, even if they werent trying to get muddy they are height challenged so they have a tendancy to get mud all under their bellies. As for Jed well if it for a bath.............nope not happy, as for mud why yes and dirtier the better.
And if people ask how could you let them inside after that..........well it is called a bath and if I wanted clean floors I wouldnt have got dogs.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2010, 06:49 AM
mud what mud, it drops off and gets hoovered up, mind you can always guarantee that Meg will decide to jump at someone in a white coat and pristine jeans, she's very sneaky she'll go up and lay in front of them wagging her ass and looking at them with sad spaniel eyes and as sonn as they bend down to fuss her, wham she's got em unfortunately with 4 spaniels mud is a fact of like
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »