Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
No...I think the ones with thier perfect Barbours and Wellies who go around avoiding puddles are more fun to laugh at.....we like the look of the countryside....but not enough to actually get involved in it!
Yes !!

And the silly women in their immaculate Range Rovers ... who REFUSE to go off the road on a narrow lane, forcing you in your ordinary non 4-wheel drive to risk getting bogged down!

God that is one of my pettest of ALL pet hates !!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
As I wonder past in my £12 wellies, trackie bottoms with holes in and a fleece that is covered in mud and dog hair.

I flash them a smile and stomp in a puddle near them ;o)
Yes !!

I like to blast through the muddy puddles on my mountain bike ... that is SUCH fun. I have to say though, I don't do it near people! But Tai loves it and goes mad. He loves the watersplash as well that we blast through on a disused railway line near us. On a hot summer's day he really loves that!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Everytime someone sees me and my Samoyed Selkie entering a field I get at least one comment of Gosh how do you keep her so clean? ... Funny I rarely get the same comment walking off the field...

I still remember the shocked face of one dog walker who absently reached out to pet beautiful Selkie as we were leaving "Don't touch her!" I shouted, the poor woman leapt back as though burnt and asked "Does she bite?" Looking at the happy waggy smiling sammy panting up at her... "No, but she's covered in fox poo!" I had to call back!...
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
cant say I ever get comments like that, off lead in horrid weather, my lot tip toe round muck, they just dont do manky

smug or what

though I do get lots of comments on how nasty rotties are so I guess its horses for courses.
Poncey rotties !! Now I really HAVE heard it all !!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Everytime someone sees me and my Samoyed Selkie entering a field I get at least one comment of Gosh how do you keep her so clean? ... Funny I rarely get the same comment walking off the field...

I still remember the shocked face of one dog walker who absently reached out to pet beautiful Selkie as we were leaving "Don't touch her!" I shouted, the poor woman leapt back as though burnt and asked "Does she bite?" Looking at the happy waggy smiling sammy panting up at her... "No, but she's covered in fox poo!" I had to call back!...
But its SO much more fun if you don;t tell
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
But its SO much more fun if you don;t tell
Norty you
I have seen one dumb woman reach to pat Mia then recoil in horror
Errm she is green and dripping cowpat - thats why your hand is a little wet
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Thank goodness we have relatively normal people round here (except the fella with the two GSD's that insist on going NUTS everytime they see other dogs...not in a nice way either). We all end up equally covered in mud and goo, Dougal was the 'also comes in white' dog yesterday
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Tonight, Kia decided to roll in something very dead and very smelly down on the beach!!! Needless to say she went straight in the bath when we got home!

Sometimes I'm glad we don't have a car for her to get her stink all over! Hehe!

Sarah xoxox
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Yes !!

And the silly women in their immaculate Range Rovers ... who REFUSE to go off the road on a narrow lane, forcing you in your ordinary non 4-wheel drive to risk getting bogged down!

God that is one of my pettest of ALL pet hates !!
Chelsea Tractors! good grief, that is a whole thread in itself. Don't get me started!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 09:29 PM
People don't come close enough to us and Cosmo on muddy days to make comments. My son found it most amusing at the weekend to watch people's faces fall as they saw just how muddy Cosmo was though. I think it makes them feel sort of superior in a clean way for a while when they see us. People seem to go into shock...then laugh a lot at him/us.
I don't care...I embrace the mud! I love how happy it makes him.Even TangoCHOSE to walk through a muddy puddle the other day AND got mud on her face..unheard of...
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »