Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:43 PM

For goodness sake!

I've just been on a very long, very muddy walk with Woody. When the weather is like this I just have to suck it up (and have the occasional cry in a corner ;o), after all, I have a springer.

On my walk I bumped into a strong contender for the world's biggest moron. She took one look at me (up to my knees in mud and as I later discovered a few tail splatters on my face and top), took another look at my top to toe, mud covered spaniel and said -

''oh my God, look at the state of your dog, you must be furious.''

To which I replied that it was no big deal and I was used to it. Her response?

''Well this is why I keep her (lab) on a lead in this weather. If she came back from a walk looking like that I'd freak out. My house would be ruined!!''

I literally stood there with my mouth open, then turned and walked off. I had nothing more to say to her.

How crap is that? Not letting your dog off lead in case it gets muddy? WTF.

Any similar contenders for Moron of the World near you?
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Any similar contenders for Moron of the World near you?
I think it might be me round here

I just took 3 of mine for a run on teh field next to the house ... thought it was wetter than I expected, got home and realised I had walked the dogs on the soggy, boggy, freezing field in my slippers! (it was dark!)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I think it might be me round here

I just took 3 of mine for a run on teh field next to the house ... thought it was wetter than I expected, got home and realised I had walked the dogs on the soggy, boggy, freezing field in my slippers! (it was dark!)
LMAO, that's insane, not moronic ;o)
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Thats a common one I have to say....you should have seen me and mine when we got back form our walk on Saturday.....I might have given up - but having driven so far I was b******d if I was just going to give up like that!

It didn't start well as I went over on my....well...I was very muddy within 2 mins of leaving the car....but the dogs love it there so we carried on....30 mins into the walk it started raining - it didn't look like stopping so I turned and started walking back...of course into the rain....I didn't have water proofs on as I had not been execting it to rain (I know,....this is Cornwall - I'm an idiot)

By the time we got back to the car we were all pretty drowned.....my waterproof i keep in the van for walking came in handy for protecting the car seat a bit though

Ain't dogs great
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I especially like the Morons who wear White Trousers in the wet Soggy Muddy Countryside!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I hate the mud, but I'll be ******ed if I'm not letting off lead because of it. Silly woman!

LOL at you though, that story sounds oh so familiar ;o)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Haha...people are stoopid aren't they? I quite often see a woman with a pristine Golden Retriever that is never let off lead. This woman looks HORRIFIED as my mud monsters run past...God forbid they splatter a drop on her dogs coat!

How very boring for the dogs is all I say. Seeing as there is a good deal of mud from at least October through to early spring, I feel sorry for them.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I especially like the Morons who wear White Trousers in the wet Soggy Muddy Countryside!
Hahaha. I must admit, I call Woody ''in'' when another person walks past just in case he brushes them or they fuss him too much without realising, but it would be so tempting to ''forget' to do it if I saw this ;o)
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
No...I think the ones with thier perfect Barbours and Wellies who go around avoiding puddles are more fun to laugh at.....we like the look of the countryside....but not enough to actually get involved in it!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
No...I think the ones with thier perfect Barbours and Wellies who go around avoiding puddles are more fun to laugh at.....we like the look of the countryside....but not enough to actually get involved in it!
As I wonder past in my £12 wellies, trackie bottoms with holes in and a fleece that is covered in mud and dog hair.

I flash them a smile and stomp in a puddle near them ;o)
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »